09 WR450 Odometer Issues

3 replies to this topic
  • WR-Josh

Posted February 03, 2016 - 02:18 AM

Just bought a 09 wr450 a couple days ago, having a problem with the odometer showing incorrect speeds.

Sitting at idle it shows speeds anywhere from 130-170+ kmh.

Reading a few of the threads on here i tried two things, Taking the part off that reads the speeds from the hub and cleaning it

and buying new fuses, This did not fix the problem.

My battery is dead flat though and holds no charge, does the odometer need the battery to show speed correctly?

If not, any idea's on what it could be?

If this issue is too much of a pain in the ass, how does one go about installing a trail tech odometer system with sensers rather than a mechanical hub?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 03, 2016 - 06:21 AM

Fix your battery

Replace the odo battery if it has one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR-Josh

Posted February 07, 2016 - 04:43 AM

Will install new battery on Wednesday as for odometer battery, is there a guide to pulling the odometer battery out? I couldnt figure if my odometer came apart or not, didn't find any screws on it

• WR-Josh

Posted February 10, 2016 - 01:54 AM

Battery Fixed the issue, odometer showing correct speeds now. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.