2016 yz450f vs 60th edition yz450f

18 replies to this topic
  • wheredgo84

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:37 PM

Such a little price diffrence. Is it worth it for the 60th year edition. Buying the bike next week and was looking for some insite on the topic. THx in advance :)

• Dirtrider 88

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Theres a price diff? I honestly prefer my blue yam over the yellow stuff. The bikes won't be worth any more when you go to sell them either. If it's like a 500$ price gap you can do that whole cycra plastics kit which has the thinner shrouds and a pipe.

• Monk

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:55 PM

I think it's a $100 difference. There is no mechanical difference, just colour...

• Texas2Smoker

Posted February 02, 2016 - 08:22 PM

Theres a price diff? I honestly prefer my blue yam over the yellow stuff. The bikes won't be worth any more when you go to sell them either. If it's like a 500$ price gap you can do that whole cycra plastics kit which has the thinner shrouds and a pipe.

If you're talking short run, no money to be made but in 20 or 30 years if the world stays relatively stable I would imagine these bikes would be like gold.
Edit- Just kidding, I just realized that everyone will swap plastics

Edited by Texas2Smoker, February 02, 2016 - 08:23 PM.

• Dirtrider 88

Posted February 02, 2016 - 08:26 PM

If you're talking short run, no money to be made but in 20 or 30 years if the world stays relatively stable I would imagine these bikes would be like gold.

at least a clean one. If I was able to. I'd buy the 16 2 and 450 fs and put them on a wall till they were worth a lot. Sell em each . I see what you mean. But I bet in a 30-40 year timespan that these bikes will be your grandpas trash in the shed. I'm not meaning that in a bad way. By all means. Give me a 1985 maico 2 stroke and I would enjoy it!

• Texas2Smoker

Posted February 02, 2016 - 08:41 PM

at least a clean one. If I was able to. I'd buy the 16 2 and 450 fs and put them on a wall till they were worth a lot. Sell em each . I see what you mean. But I bet in a 30-40 year timespan that these bikes will be your grandpas trash in the shed. I'm not meaning that in a bad way. By all means. Give me a 1985 maico 2 stroke and I would enjoy it!

Disagree on the trash part.. Look at all the vintage bikes and what they are worth now. Same concept. Lot of differences though I will admit.

• wheredgo84

Posted February 02, 2016 - 10:59 PM

OK cool thx for all the imput. I'll get a blue one and just replace the plastics with yellow when these ones get super nasty. Oh and any recommendation on exhaust. I don't want fmf tho. I want something that will stand out

• RockerYZWR

Posted February 03, 2016 - 10:51 AM

Leaving the stock exhaust on will probably stand out.

• wheredgo84

Posted February 03, 2016 - 10:53 AM

Leaving the stock exhaust on will probably stand out.

Oh ok. Wouldn't expect stock be very unquie. But
I gusse not many people keep it stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2016 - 04:03 PM

None of them are unique.  They're mass produced. 

Interesting level of vanity at work when the concern is over "standing out" as opposed to performance.

• stevethe

Posted February 03, 2016 - 06:04 PM

OK cool thx for all the imput. I'll get a blue one and just replace the plastics with yellow when these ones get super nasty. Oh and any recommendation on exhaust. I don't want fmf tho. I want something that will stand out

If you buy the blue bike you can buy a pro circuit titanium exhaust. When it turns blue you can and ooh and aah all the twelve year old's on the block. Low_zpsslxrmdln.jpg

• wheredgo84

Posted February 03, 2016 - 06:20 PM

If you buy the blue bike you can buy a pro circuit titanium exhaust. When it turns blue you can and ooh and aah all the twelve year old's on the block. Low_zpsslxrmdln.jpg

wow that's sexy

• CSAR FE

Posted February 03, 2016 - 07:52 PM

I think Yamaha killed it with the factory graphics this year. I don't think the price increase is worth it. What are you really getting for the extra money, besides different color plastics and seat? The limited edition looks cool, I guess, but I think the blue looks much better. That's what I went with last week.

• wheredgo84

Posted February 03, 2016 - 07:55 PM

I think Yamaha killed it with the factory graphics this year. I don't think the price increase is worth it. What are you really getting for the extra money, besides different color plastics and seat? The limited edition looks cool, I guess, but I think the blue looks much better. That's what I went with last week.

ya I'm going wi th blue. I got a quote today for about 10,000$ that includes title swap but no tabs. How much such I try to haggle them for a good price?

• CSAR FE

Posted February 03, 2016 - 08:00 PM

I got the bike with the tuner for $8700 out the door and they gave me the tuner for $225 (25% off). So they definitely have room to work with you. Where are you located?

• wheredgo84

Posted February 04, 2016 - 06:04 AM

I got the bike with the tuner for $8700 out the door and they gave me the tuner for $225 (25% off). So they definitely have room to work with you. Where are you located?

the shop I'm going to is cycle barn in smokey point wa

• mike_dean

Posted February 04, 2016 - 01:19 PM

I always take the oem plastic off and save it. Put it back on when you sell it and you have a new, no numbers on the plates looking bike.

• wheredgo84

Posted February 04, 2016 - 01:21 PM

I always take the oem plastic off and save it. Put it back on when you sell it and you have a new, no numbers on the plates looking bike.

thx for the advice :) also my funds got pushed back so gonna have to wait tell early spring so like 5-7 weeks. Maybe it will drop in price hahaha

Edited by wheredgo84, February 04, 2016 - 01:22 PM.

• YHGEORGE

Posted February 05, 2016 - 05:19 PM

wow that's sexy

ooh---ahh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.