Just Joined the Club

3 replies to this topic
  • falconjet

Posted February 02, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Just picked up a low time 07 a couple of days ago. Got it from an old friend who bought it new in 07. He only rode it 4 or 5 times in the desert. It's still on its 2nd rear tire.

He had dropped it quite a few times so the plastic is scratched up pretty good. It had been sitting for awhile so all the usual issues were present. Flat tires, dead battery, etc.

Got it home and to my surprise the battery took a charge and now works fine. Fired it up and discovered a coolant leak. Yep am now in the process of installing new seals in the water pump. Gonna check the valves today.

I did get a chance to blast around in an empty field yesterday. Man what a sweet bike. I have heard several guys call the WR 450 a fat pig. It sure did not feel that way to me. I used to have an 05 CRF450X and it felt much heaver than my WR. In my humble opinion my WR feels very light and flickable.

Really enjoyed how easy it is to lift the front wheel and how well it steers.

Almost forgot the best part...got it for $2500.

Definitely the best 2500 I have spent in a long time. :thumbsup:

Edited by falconjet, February 02, 2016 - 06:43 AM.

• stevethe

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:08 AM

That's a heck of a good deal. 7-11 is the same bike. Put some gold valves or someones piston with a shim stack in the front forks base valve. I would put a smog block off kit and jet kit then send the carb to Zipty racing and wallah you've got a very potentate weapon.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaconne

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:22 PM

Just picked up a low time 07 a couple of days ago. Got it from an old friend who bought it new in 07. He only rode it 4 or 5 times in the desert. It's still on its 2nd rear tire.

He had dropped it quite a few times so the plastic is scratched up pretty good. It had been sitting for awhile so all the usual issues were present. Flat tires, dead battery, etc.

Got it home and to my surprise the battery took a charge and now works fine. Fired it up and discovered a coolant leak. Yep am now in the process of installing new seals in the water pump. Gonna check the valves today.

I did get a chance to blast around in an empty field yesterday. Man what a sweet bike. I have heard several guys call the WR 450 a fat pig. It sure did not feel that way to me. I used to have an 05 CRF450X and it felt much heaver than my WR. In my humble opinion my WR feels very light and flickable.

Really enjoyed how easy it is to lift the front wheel and how well it steers.

Almost forgot the best part...got it for $2500.

Definitely the best 2500 I have spent in a long time. :thumbsup:

Nice... :ride:

• ftl900

Posted February 04, 2016 - 12:51 PM

That's a heck of a good deal. 7-11 is the same bike. Put some gold valves or someones piston with a shim stack in the front forks base valve.

I would put a smog block off kit and jet kit then send the carb to Zipty racing and wallah you've got a very potentate weapon.  

The word you're looking for is "voila".   And $2500 for an 07 is a terrific deal, I was looking at 04 and 05 models for $2500-$3000 when I picked mine up. 

Edited by ftl900, February 04, 2016 - 12:51 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.