2013 yz450f WER steering damper

7 replies to this topic
  • mxracer384

Posted February 01, 2016 - 05:11 PM

So I bought a wer steering damper because I had one on my last yz250 2 stroke and it was AMAZING! It does exactly what I want and it was a great deal. I had excellent support from the owner too. Well today I called and he said he doesn't make a kit for the new yz450f and yz250f and didn't seem the least bit interested. Has anyone done this? I really want this but he is right there is not much room in there. Is there any other mounts?

• waltersobchak

Posted February 01, 2016 - 06:09 PM

GPR makes one. The mount replaces the stock handlebar mounts.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1454378937693.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2016 - 07:58 PM

The only part that needs to bolt to the frame is the anchor point for the link, right? Doesn't seem so hard, but I haven't looked a what hard points you have to work with.

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers.  Not much that matches up to a Scotts. 

• waltersobchak

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:15 AM

The only part that needs to bolt to the frame is the anchor point for the link, right? Doesn't seem so hard, but I haven't looked a what hard points you have to work with.

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers. Not much that matches up to a Scotts.

Yeah, the post clamps around the testing stem, below the upper triple clamp.

Only issue I ran into is the bolt that holds the front # plate on doesn't fit any more. Need to find a bolt without the built in flange on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1454408009219.jpg
  • 1454408095299.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxracer384

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:27 AM

Yeah the WER just needs a anchor point behind the front number plate but there is alot going on back there with the ecu. and the frame is extremely thick behind there so it doesnt leave much room when the handle bars are maxed out in each direction. looks like i might be selling this or seeing if it fits my wife's crf150R ha ha ha.

• Bass Mechanic

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:25 AM

Only issue I ran into is the bolt that holds the front # plate on doesn't fit any more. Need to find a bolt without the built in flange on it.

I was able to get my bolt in there, if you stand it in the hole at just the right angle and start turning it will just barely catch a thread and work its way in.
You might be able to take it to the bench grinder and take 1mm off and I bet it fits

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:20 PM

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers.  Not much that matches up to a Scotts. 

No more fender mounts as so many of the new bikes have funky fenders that interfere-

Thanks-

Eric

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for correcting that, Eric.  I'll keep it in mind. 

Yours is still my favorite damper of the whole bunch. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.