Hebo or Magura Clutch????

5 replies to this topic
  • elroyona426

Posted March 09, 2002 - 12:19 PM

I don't care what the price tag is on either unit, I'm just wondering which one is the most durable, trouble-free, easiest pulling unit. Thanks for any help. Also if anyone knows a good place to get either one at a good price.

• YZ400Court

Posted March 09, 2002 - 07:31 PM

I bought the Hebo from e-rider for $189.00. It seems to be good quality, but I have not tried it yet (motor in shop). I have never found anyplace on the web to buy a Magura, but the built in comp release would sure be nice.

• Alain

Posted March 10, 2002 - 07:40 AM

Last year I bought the Hebo unit for 167$, they had a special on it... I`m totally satisfied with this unit, very easy to install and significantly eased the pull. I can literally use one finger only.... before I had to use 2-3 depending on how tired I was. From past posts on this subject I`ve learned that the Hebo has an easier pull than the Magura and it`s a better built unit... it`s a steel braided line that is bolted to the slave & master cylinders and the magure is a press fitted rubber hose... The fact that the magura has a built in decomp lever is very nice but the fact that it`s a press fitted rubber hose vs a steel braided bolted hose on the hebo got me to buy the hebo. It`s going to be very tight on the left side of your bars but it all fits. Personally it`s a mod that is well worth the money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alain

Posted March 10, 2002 - 07:41 AM

forgot to give you the address...

go to www.erider.ws

• Ga426owner

Posted March 11, 2002 - 04:35 AM

I just had a Hebo installed last week for a race last Saturday. Let me tell you that this is by far the best move any 426 owner, who hates clutch action, can do. The stock clutch is ok, but I found that it wore me out more than just about anything else racing this bike. The force to pull it in after a while is very tiring. I contemplated the Clutch arm mod, but after some research decided that the heat within the clutch generated by this modification to the clutch arm would be more destructive in the long run for a little less tension. The Hebo is a 1 finger clutch, smoooth as butter & a breeze to install. I even hid the slave cylinder out of the way, behind the radiator as I did not want it next to the cylinder. The race was awesome, the clutch was too easy to use & I did not suffer the fatique that the stock clutch offers. I also suggest that you purchase the CR style hebo lever, from GasGas, as the lever that comes on the Hebo is not to good.

• Lackey-92

Posted March 11, 2002 - 04:56 AM

I have been using a Magura on my '02 426 since new. It has worked flawlessly. I like the Magura because the parts are readyly available. They are stock components on KTMs. Very nice pull and real reliable.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.