What do you think?

1 reply to this topic
  • keel5

Posted March 04, 2004 - 12:31 PM

I got a little water in my oil and over reacted thinking it was my water pump seals. With out taking anything apart I ordered all the seals, a bearing, a 2000 pump shaft and all the gaskets and o-rings for the right side cover.

Well turns out the seals are not passing but the shaft has a few mark (like grooves but I could not feel them with my finger nail) on the shaft where the seals ride.

Do you think I can get away with just putting the new shaft in the old seals and saving the new ones for when they start to pass? :) Of course I would clean them up and put a film of grease on the shaft and use the new gasket and o-rings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted March 04, 2004 - 12:51 PM

Better change everithing. It will hold up a long time after. Or you may regret it, when you overheat your engine, bcause of sudden water loss...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.