Left Hand : Sport Brake ?

Oh ok, did you read anything  in my post about me or YOU copying or selling anything.
I said get ideas, that's not copying.
I often get responses like yours ("I actually thought of a thumb lever") to my fabrication posts, and too me, it translates to: that's a good idea, I wish I thought of it...jmo.

I don't think a handlebar mounted slave cylinder, with a thumb lever would be a patent infringement in any way.
Certainly not if it was for personal use, for a condition like yours, and not sold.
("I don't copy something others already sell") Is that some kind of moral high ground that I should aspire too?
Do you do a patent search before you make something?
Will you do it for "your" thumb lever idea...I'm guessing no, nor would I.

And most who consider stuff sold to be "over priced" have never sold anything they've made, as the cost is way more than just machine time.
Should I consider that pic of the stacked lever bracket I posted as "prior art" and come after you if you make/sell one similar?
Will I, NO.

Post some pics of what you have designed/made that's "your own idea", I'd love to see it.
An original idea can be patented, after a patent search, and I have several, you?

Posts like yours, in response to my ideas/designs, are the reason I don't share a lot anymore.
Dream on, and post pics of what you've made

I hope I've given others some ideas, I'm done here,
?

Wow what an A**hole you really are .  First off I DID think of the thumb brake beforehand because of my 2 fingers gone , but didn't even think about anyone else wanting it due to it being so odd , so get off your stupid highhorse . And I bet you got that idea from someone else and just claiming it as "yours " as the post from 707Lake

Secondly I've made a bunch of money selling skidplates, guards, bumper,and control brackets ect.. for atv's I've had and made several when someone wanted some, at barley above cost to those who don't have deep pockets. Then there's a couple hundred dies and reloading parts for those that reload there own ammo using there own cast bullets like I do , all sold at half cost than anything close to what was on the market. So shove that "never sold anything I made " part up your you know what.

Beyond that I've seen so many of your posts that always end up as you being an a** , Why don't you post over on ADV Rider anymore ?? Reason for it ? I know , because nobody liked you and you always were an anal dick.

So shove it !!!!

BTW, here's some stuff I designed and did , pistol slide I did on cnc

DSCN0367_zps3gdsnz4u.jpg

reloading die parts

DSCN0437_zpsixe7m5ku.jpg

If I'm going to make any to sell it's going to look professional(and work) and not just cobbled . It's other people money so they should get that value out of it.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

Nice, simple enough, just simply a right hand brake lever assy. mounted on the left hand side, kind of backwards.

If you buy the levers in my other post you get both levers and could go LHRB or Thumb LHRB :ride:

I've thought of a twist grip LHRB too, using a sleeve like a throttle, and a flange with a face cam to push the slave cylinder plunger....could work
Nothing out there to copy though?

I'm happy with the setup I have, because with the Rekluse, I hardly ever need the clutch, mostly for finding neutral when I stop.

I cover the LHRB lever with 2 fingers, just like the front brake lever, great for trail braking in corners when my feet are busy doing other stuff.

?

Edited by Kenstone

hmmm, I run cnc's at work and make my own stuff on them all the time . guess I should take apart one my extra rear mc's to measure up an adaptor , no way one should cost anywheres close to $50-$100. I'm making my own exhaust cam cap for a head I got with the oem one broken so these are nothing, 1 min -30 seconds roughly, start to cutoff and out the parts catcher.

do you know somewhere to get cheaper adapters .?

Search my name and read. We covered this numerous times. I made taps and gave a bunch away. Maby someone who isnt using one can give you one. Also you will see exactly what is needed invluding sizes. I also made a thumb brake with my own lever. I machined all this stuff myself in my garage, feel free to copy anything and everything I posted. Poor mans.. left hand...thumb...etc. did it all.

Search my name and read. We covered this numerous times. I made taps and gave a bunch away. Maby someone who isnt using one can give you one. Also you will see exactly what is needed invluding sizes. I also made a thumb brake with my own lever. I machined all this stuff myself in my garage, feel free to copy anything and everything I posted. Poor mans.. left hand...thumb...etc. did it all.

thanks !