New Tank & Graphics

10 replies to this topic
  • Poway Rider

Posted March 04, 2004 - 10:24 AM

I'm installing the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank & new shrouds on my WR450. Has anyone used the Acerbis graphics? If yes, are they durable? Thanks

• jerryls

Posted March 04, 2004 - 06:02 PM

I can't help you at all, but could you post pics when you get it installed? And let me know how the install went?

• Poway Rider

Posted March 04, 2004 - 07:14 PM

Once the new tank is installed, I will post some information (it may take a week or two).

• ddialogue

Posted March 04, 2004 - 07:19 PM

What does the new Acerbis tank look like? I was going to order one from Acerbis but I want to see what it looks like first. I emailed them and they said there are no photos available for this tank. Is it similar to the GYT-R tank? I had heard rumors that the GYT-R was built by Acerbis. Pics P L E A S E!!! :)

• SBK

Posted March 05, 2004 - 01:11 AM

I had been looking for pics too, and Greg (bajabunk) was kind enough to email me a couple pics of his Acerbis 3.3g a little while back. Hope he doesn't mind if I share them with the group:

Acerbis 3.3 - Left Side
Acerbis 3.3 - Right Side

Thanks to Greg for being so kind as to shoot the pics and send them to me a couple weeks ago. That's one TALL tank!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 05, 2004 - 04:31 AM

I too am interested in the Acerbis/GYT-R tank but I would like to know: Does it use YZ or WR shrouds and seat? After having the old WR400 with the 3.2 gallon tank I am always real nervous on real long dualsport rides. I miss the large tank. :)

• SBG

Posted March 05, 2004 - 04:53 AM

The Acerbis is the GYT-R. The Zip-Ty is the IMS. They all use YZF rad shrouds including the Clarke. This gives a better choice of graphics and colored plastics for the shrouds! :)

• Frostbite

Posted March 05, 2004 - 06:01 AM

I bought the 4 gal IMS for my 99 400. Simple bolt on, no mods and use stock seat and rad guards.

Posted Image

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 05, 2004 - 08:26 AM

OK on the shrouds, but what about the seat? (for the WR450)

• SBG

Posted March 05, 2004 - 08:45 AM

I can only comment on the Clarke tank, but it has two bolt positions, one for YZF seat, and another for the WRF seat. I think the others also offer the dual bolt hole option, but I couldn't say for sure.

Clarke 2.8 with WRF seat. It's about 1" short of where the YZF seat comes up to, but it isn't worth getting a YZF seat to me.
Posted Image

• SBK

Posted March 05, 2004 - 11:25 AM

Here's a link to the earlier thread here on ThumperTalk. Jim, you can probably get the most definitive answer to your question about the seat by calling Acerbis direct. 800.659.1440

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.