WR450FT airfilter question

4 replies to this topic
  • bigl

Posted January 28, 2016 - 02:33 AM

Howdy

I read an earlier post where mention was made of a washer that sits behind the air filter - rubber?  My 2005 didn't have one.  Is it necessary?

Can someone please post a pic of what it should look like?  I do not have any dust issues and I ride a LOT of sand.

Cheers

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:25 AM

X001.jpg2008_Twin_Air_Foam_Air_Filter.jpg

Comes with any good filter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigl

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:10 AM

Thanks Krannie.  Since I never had one, I never missed it.  The Motrex filter seals so tightly around the cage, that I never thought something could be missing.

It is a cheap bit from my local Yamaha dealer.  I might just order it to see.

Anyone else not using it?

• Madisyamaha

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:17 AM

I run UNI filter it doesn't have it. I have never had any problems on my 04.

• SilvFx

Posted January 28, 2016 - 03:38 PM

I think what is being referred to as the washer is item 17 under the "intake" schematic:

fits over the nipple on the end of the OEM air filter cage. to seal and keep the air filter tight to the cage.

https://www.rockymou...oem-schematic/4

part # 5TJ-14475-00-00

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.