Magnetic oil drain plug group buy

23 replies to this topic

Posted March 09, 2002 - 02:34 AM

Has anyone recieved thier plugs. It has been a few weeks now and I haven't got mine yet.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 09, 2002 - 05:19 AM

Originally posted by #214:
Has anyone recieved thier plugs. It has been a few weeks now and I haven't got mine yet.

No plug here yet, but I did get an e-mail. And he said they are on there way to him. Then we will have to wait for the shipping to us.

So it might be awhile, no biggie for me. I did not even get my frame back from powder coating yet :) .

~Hitman~

• motoman393

Posted March 09, 2002 - 06:31 PM

I havent got mine yet either. Im not in a big hurry and I'm sure it will be here in another week or so! Later,

Garrett

• Boit

Posted March 10, 2002 - 01:17 PM

Hit Man: Are you changing the color with the powder coating? I powdered coated another brand of bike and was very pleased with the result. I would like to powder coat my 426 next Fall and would like any opinions about different colors.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 10, 2002 - 03:47 PM

Boit,

Yes I am doing it in "silver vein" color. Its silver w/black vein like marks all thru it. He just told me tonight, it should be done by Thursday :)

If I figure out how to post pictures here, I will post some pics here. I should be ordering the rest of my parts by the end of this week>> clarke 3.3 tank(black), orange crush plastics, SDG seat, PE clutch basket and the upgraded 01' clutch parts, 10oz. Flywheel weight, TM Designworks Slide-N-Guide kit ECT...

As you can see I am going for a total makeover. Hopefully I will be able to post some pics when all done.
~Hitman~

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 12, 2002 - 01:54 AM

Darn, I missed the bulk buy somehow... Oh well, I'll catch it next time. :)

• 426fred

Posted March 17, 2002 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

I am in on this bulk-buy too and have heard nothing for over a week - has anyone recieved their drain plug, or heard anything from Scott?

See ya,

///Fredrik

• BigDog

Posted March 18, 2002 - 02:55 AM

I'm ion for two plugs and have not received them yet. I've sent him a couple email and have had no response!

• 426fred

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:33 AM

Hi BigDog,

hmmm, not good to hear what You are saying. Have You payed for the plugs yet?
I hope this works out ok - Scott seems like a nice guy, we e-mailed back and forth before I ordered (haven´t pay-pal´d the money though) so I hope there are a natural explanation to this delay.

///Fredrik

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 18, 2002 - 04:25 AM

Originally posted by 426fred:
Hi BigDog,

hmmm, not good to hear what You are saying. Have You payed for the plugs yet?
I hope this works out ok - Scott seems like a nice guy, we e-mailed back and forth before I ordered (haven´t pay-pal´d the money though) so I hope there are a natural explanation to this delay.

///Fredrik

The last I heard from Scott was the end of Feb. and he was going to order them on Wed. Which would have been the 27th, it has been awhile. I did'nt realize how long its been until this new post.

We should have something by now, or at least been told something. I did send my money by paypal. He did just have a baby, hope he did'nt just need some extra money.

Well scott, what is up! ~Hitman~

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigDog

Posted March 18, 2002 - 04:47 AM

Paid with paypal right away.

• motoman393

Posted March 18, 2002 - 06:52 AM

I sent a check for 1 plug...Im sure there is a reason for the delay! Later,

Garrett

• BigDog

Posted March 18, 2002 - 07:31 AM

Got an email from Scott. Said there was a package that was attempted to be dropped off at his house on Friday. He thought the plugs would probably be there today.

• Scott_Aldahl

Posted March 18, 2002 - 02:29 PM

My check has been cashed but still no plugs. So, nobody has received them yet, right??

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted March 18, 2002 - 03:40 PM

Guys, Scott and his wife just had a baby a few weeks ago! He'll get to it when he can.

Sorry, I'm Canadian eh. ( things happen much slower up here and it's fine with me )

• 426fred

Posted March 20, 2002 - 10:26 PM

Hi,

I send a mail to Scott yesterday asking for status on the group-buy. Got an instant reply that he would go by delivery HQ (UPS or whatever) and pick up the goods, i.e the plugs, right after work.
So, the plugs should be on their way soon, add to this thread when You have recieved them.

TT rocks, and the Internet rules! :)

///Fredrik

• VDScooby

Posted March 21, 2002 - 01:29 AM

Peenton

Sorry if this repeats an answer elsewhere - a retailer has to supply you with goods fit for the purpose - you state you are unhappy, so write them a letter stating all this, what you want (replacement or money back) and give them a time limit (14 days) to get this done by - write a paper letter not an e-mail it will have greater impact. If this fails issue papers via the local small claims court.

I have experience with this having taken Carnell to court + an insurance co - with a good result each time.

E-mail me if you need assistance.

• kevin_davis

Posted March 21, 2002 - 04:31 PM

I'm sure he is busy with the new edition,have'nt received mine yet either. Now worries tho he seemed like a good guy,especially for doing all the leg work so we can save a few bucks

kevin d

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 22, 2002 - 06:01 AM

A little "COMMUNICATION" goes a long way, he can at least post something here to let us know. I e-mailed him and got a answer that he was going to pick the plugs up at UPS.

But I asked him to post hear what was up, and he has not done that. I would think he would save more time for the "little one" just posting here, over answering everyones e-mails.

It has been like a month ago this deal went down. At this rate I will have all my other stuff before I even get this little plug :) And I am getting a lot of stuff.

If it is'nt here by the end of the month, Scott you can just send a refund to my paypal account for the full amount + the 3% fee amount. I will just add the plug to my big order, and will most likely get a better deal on the little plug.

THANX! for the your effort, but this is getting a little crazy. ~Hitman~

Posted March 28, 2002 - 04:01 AM

Nothing yet?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.