New to me bike

5 replies to this topic
  • Scjones1990

Posted January 25, 2016 - 03:11 PM

I got a 08 wr450fx last week and I'm trying to get it to run right I checked the valves there in spec fresh gas new gapped spark plug but it boggs when you burp the throttle the guy I got it from did all the free mods a slip on leo vines and put a boysen quickshot accelerator pump on it I going to ride it from 2000ft to about 5000 I'm pretty sure it's something with the carb but I'm not to savvy with all the jets and needles any help would be apreciated

• barkbuster

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:07 AM

JD jetting kit
Also an adjustable air screw is handy

Edited by barkbuster, January 26, 2016 - 08:10 AM.

• Scjones1990

Posted January 26, 2016 - 12:15 PM

Will the thumper talk adjustable fuel screw work on my bike it says universal

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:53 PM

DO NOT USE an aluminum fuel screw 

They don't work right and they break off inside the carb

Get the R&D fuel screw

• Scjones1990

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:16 PM

What all jets cone with the jd jet kit? Will I need to buy any other jets before I pull the carb to change everything out

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 27, 2016 - 06:19 PM

What all jets cone with the jd jet kit? Will I need to buy any other jets before I pull the carb to change everything out

If you are reffering to 'all brass' in the carb that might need changing, no it does not.

It only comes with main and pilot jets (sometimes starter jet) choices, and two needle choices (under and over 50 degrees);

Leak jet typically also needs to be changed to 50 or 55

Starter jet too, if you have cold starting issues (learn the procedures for modern four stroke starting first....even with an e start...)

A typical FCR also needs other work IF you uncork the bikes intake and exahust, AND are looking for the best possible experience.

This is the case with all brands of bikes using the FCR Carbs.

Tons of posts on the 'uncorking' subject and in the FAQ section.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.