Pricing for OEM parts

8 replies to this topic
  • drdanbozeman

Posted January 25, 2016 - 02:46 PM

I've got a new exhaust pipe and muffler taken off my 2012 WR450 prior to it leaving the dealer when purchased. The current price at RM ATV/MC totals $1056 for both items which made my  :jawdrop:  I'm selling them on the TT classifieds - what is a fair price to offer them at???

And if you want them don't say $25; I would really like to sell at a price that is a good deal, but still recover some of my costs. As a ballpark figure I was thinking 33% discount...

• stevethe

Posted January 25, 2016 - 03:05 PM

I think your dreaming. Wake up and compare the price against EBay then discount it further and maybe you will sell it.

• drdanbozeman

Posted January 25, 2016 - 03:52 PM

Well - that is sort of what I wanted to know. I'll check out their prices.

• kawi380

Posted January 25, 2016 - 06:06 PM

I think I paid about $85 for a new oem system off fleabay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted January 25, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hell, I have a zero used miles complete exhaust off my 15' that I would never use again...I would probably give it away or toss it.

People actually sell stock stuff for good money?

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651, January 25, 2016 - 06:46 PM.

• mlatour

Posted January 25, 2016 - 08:23 PM

A few years ago I purchased a spare YZ125 exhaust system (expansion chamber & silencer) on Craigslist for about 45$.

The kid ran his brand new YZ once with it on and replaced it with an FMF system,

it likely got more paint scratches (very very minor) from the handling and storage than actual riding.

Current brand new pricing for those item is: 155$ + 222$

Unless replacement parts are somewhat scarce (older bike restoration)

I don't think there's much demand for OEM exhaust components.

Edited by mlatour, January 25, 2016 - 08:27 PM.

• KennyMc

Posted January 25, 2016 - 08:30 PM

I sold my stock WR can for $100 off my '07 way back when. A guy screwed up doing the baffelectemy and wanted to have another try. Right place, right time....

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:33 AM

It's only worth what someone's willing to pay.
That could be $25, or it could be $707.52 (but probably not). Or depending on all the other variables, you might not be able to sell it at all.

What I was going to ask was, where did you find a new 2012 and what kind of deal did you get on that?

• drdanbozeman

Posted January 26, 2016 - 02:14 PM

It's only worth what someone's willing to pay.
That could be $25 or you might not be able to sell it at all.

What I was going to ask was, where did you find a new 2012 and what kind of deal did you get on that?

I certainly didn't expect a brouhaha about selling OEM parts, I've never done it before. So who needs an OEM exhaust system for $10 + shipping?

I bought my 2012 in 2012 and got a fair deal on it. I'm just to the point where I'm cleaning out the garage and don't want a stock exhaust system lying around 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.