Anti-fog goggles and the PNW

I liked the quick release google straps but found that they will fail eventually. The velcro separated from the plastic mount that you glue to your helmet. I did get lots of use out of them and they work great, until they don't work great. I had many people warn me that this would happen and it finally did. 

Not the end of the world just a little bit annoying as I was in the middle of the Desert 100 race (my first moto race ever, my first organized ride of any kind), just started the second lap and the strap mount gave way. I tried to ride on without any goggles as it wasn't that dusty by then. I lasted about 1/2 mile before I was crying in my helmet (My eyes! My eyes!) as my eyes were getting sandpapered. Ouch. 

I didn't want to stop so I used my left hand to put my googles back in the eye port of my helmet but they were too loose to do any good. So with my right hand still on the throttle I reached down with my left hand and peeled a piece of the duct tape off that I was using to hold my number plate on my chest protector. Once I got the piece of duct tape ready, I somehow managed with one hand to simultaneously stretch my google strap tight and apply the piece of duct tape to the strap and the side of my helmet, all the while still riding along. 

It actually worked and I finished out the race, another 50 miles or so, with my googles tightly secured. Lol. 

Woods_rider, that is some serious competitive spirit. ?  I carry an extra set of goggles in my OGIO pack.  They have a perfect sized pocket, up front, that works beautifully to hold glasses or goggles.

• Like 1

Woods_rider, that is some serious competitive spirit. ?  I carry an extra set of goggles in my OGIO pack.  They have a perfect sized pocket, up front, that works beautifully to hold glasses or goggles.

Well it wasn't like I was moving along very quickly, but yeah I was trying to keep rolling. Didn't want any kids on their TTr 90's passing me, took me a long time to get by them the first time. Lol. 

• Like 1

Get a breath deflector and some Daredevil goggles. I keep some 100% yellow goggles for night riding too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AFX-FX-17-FX-90-Breath-Deflector-Black-/151962757713?hash=item2361afaa51:g:xJ0AAOSw5IJWdvXh&vxp=mtr

http://www.daredevilgoggles.com/

riding in heavy snow with high levels of physical exertion is about the best way you can fog up, and I usually stay fog free as long as I keep the snow out of the inside of my goggles.

If that happens I hold them over my exhaust for a bit to dry them out.

upload_-1.jpg

23905142266_1fe0f5c699_h_d.jpg

Edited by n16ht5
  • Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/CAMTOA-Protection-Glasses-Tactical-Anti-Fog/dp/B00NUZJLIE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454685493&sr=8-2&keywords=mesh+goggles

710Cx-7aCcL._SL1200_.jpg

1.  It takes about 20 seconds to get used to them.

2.  they cannot fog, there isn't a lense.

3.  they protect from brush, as good as or better, than standard goggles

4. THEY WORK IN TAHUYA!  They most humid environment in the world, next to Mobile, Alabama.

5. if you drench yourself in a puddle and the splash happens to connect with the goggles, then close your eyes and thwack them with your free thumb! Presto!  water and mud dissipate.

6. they work up to about 30mph before your eyes water.

7. they are NOT a google that is to be worn in dusty conditions!

8. you can't wear glasses under them.

9. they are $13

10. they work with Quick Straps.

11. they don't make the sun go away, so glare is an issue, just like regular goggles.  However, Tahuya doesn't have sun ?

I bought 3 sets of these. Took on my first ride today on the street. I was able to use them up to 50 mph with no major issues. Man up and shed a tear or two.... Seriously, these are not going to be an issue on any trail with eye wind.

The frames dug a bit into my face, but was able to bend them out a bit....the mesh is a metal and can be adjusted to accommodate.

For 13 bucks, the quality is surprisingly good.

Taking to tahuya on Saturday for the real deal.

• Like 1

I bought 3 sets of these. Took on my first ride today on the street. I was able to use them up to 50 mph with no major issues. Man up and shed a tear or two.... Seriously, these are not going to be an issue on any trail with eye wind.

The frames dug a bit into my face, but was able to bend them out a bit....the mesh is a metal and can be adjusted to accommodate.

For 13 bucks, the quality is surprisingly good.

Taking to tahuya on Saturday for the real deal.

TigerTanker,  I purchased another brand with a different mesh pattern.  I will also be riding in Tahuya this Saturday and will give this thread an update.

You can see better than wet or fogged up glasses or googles, but not as clear as clean lenses. Not good in the dark, you lose a lot of light.  Mine don't fit my helmet well so kinda sit on my helmet, which is comfortable because they don't have much padding, but think vision would be better the closer the mesh was to your eye's.  Rode horrible rain conditions with them and you what you notice the most is your not taking them off when you stop.

You can see better than wet or fogged up glasses or googles, but not as clear as clean lenses. Not good in the dark, you lose a lot of light.  Mine don't fit my helmet well so kinda sit on my helmet, which is comfortable because they don't have much padding, but think vision would be better the closer the mesh was to your eye's.  Rode horrible rain conditions with them and you what you notice the most is your not taking them off when you stop.

The next option of mesh that I am testing tomorrow is larger footprint, but it has much more padding.  If the current pair doesn't fit your helmet, then the new package probably won't work either, but the visibility appears to be increased due to the new pattern.  

http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Hunting-Airsoft-Tactical-Protection/dp/B00LSELNEY/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1455901803&sr=8-24&keywords=tactical+mesh+goggles

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks let us know ?   I tried a couple of my other helmets with bigger eyeports and have good fit.   I actually bought them for trailwork but could get used to them riding,

Hey guys and gals. I thought the first set of mesh googles that I purchased were good and they were, but have now become obsolete.  This pair was tested at Mattawa,Tahuya and Walker Valley.  Advantages: Absolutely no fogging or cleaning necessary, eye adjustment to the trails is immediate, they capture most mud in droplets and can easily be flicked away; visibility in overcast or downpours is exceptional. Excellent branch protection. The foam rim is superior to the other mesh googles. Price! $8.89 with free shipping!  Disadvantages: not your best choice for riding at dusk or glare, some puddles can penetrate the mesh and they are larger than the previous set tested.  http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Hunting-Airsoft-Tactical-Protection/dp/B00LSELNEY/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1455901803&sr=8-24&keywords=tactical+mesh+goggles

Hey guys and gals. I thought the first set of mesh googles that I purchased were good and they were, but have now become obsolete.  This pair was tested at Mattawa,Tahuya and Walker Valley.  Advantages: Absolutely no fogging or cleaning necessary, eye adjustment to the trails is immediate, they capture most mud in droplets and can easily be flicked away; visibility in overcast or downpours is exceptional. Excellent branch protection. The foam rim is superior to the other mesh googles. Price! $8.89 with free shipping!  Disadvantages: not your best choice for riding at dusk or glare, some puddles can penetrate the mesh and they are larger than the previous set tested.  http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Hunting-Airsoft-Tactical-Protection/dp/B00LSELNEY/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1455901803&sr=8-24&keywords=tactical+mesh+goggles

From the product description...

• Protects your eyes from striking by insects and hurting by tree branch in field forest

I hate when bumber bee stinging me!