TTalk is much faster now...

8 replies to this topic
  • motoman393

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:28 PM

Do yall notice that TTalk is at least 5x a fast as it was? I have 2 computers that I go to TTalk daily, 1 has DSL and the other has T3 and even with a fast connection the page still took 2 mins to load and lagged big time while browsing threads! But now it is back like the "good ole" days when TTalk wasnt as popular and loads much quicker! I noticed that the address is now an IP...did TTalk finally get its own server? If so what did ya get? Well I just wanted to see if you guys are experiencing the same thing? Keep up the GREAT work,

Garrett

• RichB

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:35 PM

Agree, much better.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:53 PM

<h3><font color=blue><center>YUP</center></h3>
<center> :) </center>

• westladog

Posted March 09, 2002 - 05:10 AM

I don't agree.
I wonder what changes they made.

- faster drives in the 10k+ rpm range?
- change connection speed to the internet?
- add more legal bull?
- more RAM?

it's still a good site though regardless but the way it looks needs to be improved though if they are going to get more sponsors.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forloop

Posted March 09, 2002 - 06:13 AM

Yes,

It's now usable again. It got too slow for me.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 09, 2002 - 10:40 PM

Originally posted by westladog:
I don't agree.
I wonder what changes they made.

- faster drives in the 10k+ rpm range?
- change connection speed to the internet?
- add more legal bull?
- more RAM?

it's still a good site though regardless but the way it looks needs to be improved though if they are going to get more sponsors.

Well, why don't you ask? :D We've moved the site to a new shared server with 2/3rds less traffic. In all our testing, speed has improved measurably. TT'ers, getting speed is easy, just throw LOTS of cash at it. Do you ever wonder why eBay or Yahoo are so fast? About 50+ web servers, 150 IT people on staff, and a multi-million dollar IT budget! As we grow revenue, additional investments in performance will be made. Our next goal is a dedicated server, just for TT! At our current pace, this shouldn't be long.

We have been in dev mode on a new look, feel, and functionality since we took over the site (October 2001). It is being built from the ground up, as we are expecting continued exponential growth. Can you believe when we took the site over there were 2,400 members and now we have over 7,500? Our new architecture needs to support this growth and the out of the box stuff such as vbulletin/vportal would only work for the short run.

In terms of advertisors (what you call sponsors), yes, they may be attracted at first by a prettier face, however, trust me, return on their investment is what they are interested in. TT has it were she counts! :)

I'd like to get more info like this out to the group on a more regular basis, however, I never has less that a hundred things going on at once. Thanks for hanging with us and for making TT the net's best place to talk about and learn about 4-strokes.

Cheers!

Bryan

[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 09, 2002 - 11:42 AM

<center> :D </center>

<center><h1><font color=blue>THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK STEVE AND BRYAN!!!</FONT></H1></CENTER>

<font color=blue><center><h2>IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED</h2></center>

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 09, 2002 - 02:29 PM

Originally posted by THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER:

<center><h1><font color=blue>THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK STEVE AND BRYAN!!!</FONT></H1></CENTER>

<font color=blue><center><h2>IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED</h2></center>

<center> :D </center>

I'm sorry, you'll have to speak a little louder... :D :D :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 09, 2002 - 08:24 PM

Just want to catch your attention and make sure you guys know how much we appreciate the site.
Afterall where else can you bi*** and moan and find so much info at the same time? My wife wont let me do it at home anymore!LOL!! :)

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.