2015 YZ450F Weep hole leak

2 replies to this topic
  • deonded

Posted January 24, 2016 - 12:49 PM

So today I started my 2015 YZ up for the first time since like october-novemberish, the bike has about 26.5 hours on it and today i noticed a bunch of coolant leaking out of the weep hole. I stopped the bike, waited a couple mins and it started to leak a tiny bit out of the weep hole and when i revved the engine a small amount of vapor came out the hole but a slow slow drips of coolant. Does this mean my seals are going bad? its annoying because the bike is still new, if they are going bad what do i need to buy to fix this problem and how can i prevent it from happening in the future? I run engine ice in my bike and oil changes every 5 hours. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 24, 2016 - 07:39 PM

They aren't going they're gone.  Replace both seals and examine the shaft and bearing carefully.  

This isn't uncommon with water pumps in general, actually.  Storage isn't that good for them. 

Same old song and dance:

http://www.thumperta...0-coolant-leak/

• deonded

Posted January 25, 2016 - 01:24 AM

They aren't going they're gone.  Replace both seals and examine the shaft and bearing carefully.  

This isn't uncommon with water pumps in general, actually.  Storage isn't that good for them. 

Same old song and dance:

http://www.thumperta...0-coolant-leak/

Yeah, I bought a seal and bearing kit today should be here by the end of the week, hopefully my impeller shaft is still good...I mean the bike only has 26.5 hours on it so I don't see how the impeller would be damaged...kinda frustrating that the seal went so soon but oh well its a dirt bike. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.