9 replies to this topic
  • Nicotine_450

Posted March 03, 2004 - 09:59 PM

Howzit guys, from lovely and sunny South Africa. Big Yamaha fan and looking at buying a WR 450 in the near future. Looks like a friendly bunch of guys, and some usefull tips on here as well. :)

• timvv51

Posted March 04, 2004 - 02:27 AM

Welcome. You have come to the right place. Tim

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 03:49 AM

You found the best forum on the web for a WR450. Welcome. Advice: Buy an new 04 or get a used 03 and buy the parts to upgrade the starter to 04 design. :)

• Nicotine_450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 04:04 AM

Will for sure by a 04. Nothing like a shiny blue WR. :)

• ColdChillin

Posted March 04, 2004 - 04:13 AM

Welcome aboard!!!! I've only been a member for a couple weeks and I can tell you that there is a ton of information about the WR450 here. The guys here are awesome and always willing to help a brother out. You will love the bike, it's a gas to ride!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nicotine_450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 04:21 AM

Havent been on a WR but it is either the WR or the XR 600 since I want it for road use aswell, but mainly for weekend trails and bush riding. Lesotho mountains is close by where i am from so I need a die hard machine and I think the WR offers the best package. :)

• mayday

Posted March 04, 2004 - 04:26 AM

Welcome you will come to fid this site has a lot of good info just use the search egine for any questions! :)

• ETP

Posted March 04, 2004 - 05:05 AM

Welcome to TT. Good to see an expanding international membership. Post some pictures of the African riding areas for us if you can.

• Nicotine_450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 08:33 PM

Here is some pics of the ROOF
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

• gfergtr74

Posted March 04, 2004 - 09:55 PM

Awesome pics. Looks like you have some great riding areas. Go for the Wr you wont regret it. And welcome aboard. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.