426F Diet Plan

25 replies to this topic
  • AZ918MAN

Posted March 18, 2002 - 08:21 AM

if your really worried about the weight - wait for the 03's to come out or buy a honda( thats what I am going to do i think - I am waiting to see how big yamaha steps it up first). or just dont worry about it

• Peenton

Posted March 18, 2002 - 04:27 PM

I ask a simple question and so far I've learned that if I try to lighten my bike:

1) I'll go Broke. :D
2) I'll be married to a Fat Blue Girl :D
3) She'll be married to a Fat White Guy :D
4) 3 new politicians will be elected
5) Honda has the remedy :)

Oh well.....theres always next year! 03 YZ? or pull a Carmichael.

Thanks guys for the sometimes valuable and sometimes painful ideas. :D

• DaveJ

Posted March 19, 2002 - 10:33 PM

Awwwlll right....

I'm getting a little concerned that all your wives and girlfriends have climbed into your heads over the cumulative years, and destroyed those central brain cells so vital to being real men.

Think back for a moment and re-collect what your priorities were during the formative years.

That's right, it was all about taking it apart, making it better, and most importantly, louder and faster.

Did we all sit around as 10 year old boys (err...men) and say to yourselves, "Aah, that thing’s fine the way it is"?

Of course not!!

We resolved to fix things that were in perfect working order by taking them apart and making them work...better.

It had to be lighter, faster and stronger...or it would suffer the consequence of some explosive device.

Remember what the Six Million Dollar Man represented to us? What about Star Trek? Where those the shows that little girls who left things the way they are sat around and watch? NO!

Men - we are programmed to go where no man has gone before - to make the YZ faster, stronger, lighter.

And as real men, we build performance and DESTROY anything that threatens to take that away. DESTROY!!!

So yes, learning how to ride, eatting better and staying in shape is a life long sentence. Keep at it!

But showing up with a bike that has “GIRL” written all over it, is completely unacceptable.

ERRR!!!

DaveJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted March 19, 2002 - 10:50 PM

unbolt the clamps,,,remove your bars

move the bike about 4 foot to the left

then move a crf450 [minus bars] in the place the yamaha used to be, tighten up the clamps

WOW LOOK AT ALL THAT LARDY WIEGHT YOUVE JUST LOST :)

• dirtdad

Posted March 19, 2002 - 11:08 AM

DaveJ, your last name wouldn't be Neitche, would it? Or is it Patton!? I can't decide if that was philosophy or a pep talk. Either way, good stuff!
(I don't know what the jumbled up words are in the last response between mine and yours!?)

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: dirtdad ]

• DaveJ

Posted March 20, 2002 - 11:58 AM

By the way, there's a carbon fiber airbox with v-stack on E-Bay for $250.

I got mine form a user for $275.

These are great deals, so keep your eyes peeled.

I wonder if this stuff will also transfer to the 03?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.