Magura Hydraulic clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • Rocky_Mountain_Racer

Posted March 03, 2004 - 04:59 PM

I was wondering where I could purchase a hydraulic clutch system for a wr450. Been riding KTM's for a few years and have been spoilt by the easy pull of a hydraulic clutch. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:27 PM

Try Rocky Mountain http://www.rockymountainatv.com
Get the magura jack from them, get the braided line because the cheap plastic one goes brittle and breaks real quick. Get the vacuum bleeding kit and extra oil. Rocky Mountain has great prices and a wide selection and huge stock. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rocky_Mountain_Racer

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the reply Indy. Does the reservoir cap come with the little holder for the hot start? Also, was mounting the bottom unit much of an issue and is the pull a one finger deal?

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 03:58 AM

The pull is lighter but still 2 finger unless you are part gorilla. :) The same clutch model on a 250 - 2 smoke is lighter pull (one finger) due to the clutch not being as heavily sprung as on our four strokes. Yes the cap comes off and the hot start is attached to it. You really dont need to service it but once a year. It is a great set up but make sure you get bark busters and if you want to do it right use my mounting design that allows the slave cylinder rod end to pivot ( therfore they dont break or leak like other people have had them do). Magura mounting is pathetic in my opinion. Anyone can PM me with an email address and I can send you pics and parts drawing to have a local machine shop make for you to mount it right. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.