Baja Designs YZ 400/426/450 General Discussion

Brand Baja Designs Yamaha YZ400 Yamaha YZ426F Yamaha YZ450F

52 replies to this topic
  • keeseckb

Posted May 10, 2016 - 01:06 PM

Trust me when I say that this picture does not do this light justice.

I imagine not, night time pictures or videos of lights/flashlights never do... I was just curious if it was the same light since he called it the Squadron Pro Spot . The light on the page I linked says nothing about "Spot". Maybe it does and I just overlooked it...

That is all :-)

Edited by keeseckb, May 10, 2016 - 01:07 PM.

• Baja Designs

Posted May 10, 2016 - 01:37 PM

I imagine not, night time pictures or videos of lights/flashlights never do... I was just curious if it was the same light since he called it the Squadron Pro Spot . The light on the page I linked says nothing about "Spot". Maybe it does and I just overlooked it...

That is all :-)

So that is the light that comes with the Squadron Pro M/C race light found here, http://www.bajadesig...BCEE4DC0EEA2ABF ?

The picture is of the Squadron Pro spot that comes on the Motorcycle light. Don't forget that for being a TT member you get 10 percent off too  :thumbsup:

• keeseckb

Posted May 11, 2016 - 09:27 AM

Ordered a Squadron Pro and light switch harness. Can't wait to do some night riding!

• keeseckb

Posted May 17, 2016 - 08:40 PM

I got my Squadron Pro and YZ450F harness today for my YZ450FX and cannot figure out where to plug the harness into. I can't find the capacitor under the seat like previously mentioned in this thread (although that was for a 2014 YZ450F and not a 450FX). I tried hooking it right into the coil but the bike died as soon as the light was turned on. I took some pics of the areas I suspect it might be but I'm lost. This is my first time putting lights on a bike. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160517_211846_resized.jpg
  • 20160517_211857_resized.jpg
  • 20160517_211906_resized.jpg
  • 20160517_211913_resized.jpg
  • 20160517_211923_resized.jpg
  • 20160517_211931_resized.jpg

• ttr230rider6

Posted May 18, 2016 - 03:49 PM

I got my Squadron Pro and YZ450F harness today for my YZ450FX and cannot figure out where to plug the harness into. I can't find the capacitor under the seat like previously mentioned in this thread (although that was for a 2014 YZ450F and not a 450FX). I tried hooking it right into the coil but the bike died as soon as the light was turned on. I took some pics of the areas I suspect it might be but I'm lost. This is my first time putting lights on a bike.

I can't see under the battery and I'm not really familiar with the 450 fx as I have a 450f. I made the earlier post about the wiring harness.

The place I plugged in was around where the battery is and the wires ran along the front on the right side of the bike. Just check in there under the battery for a white plug. Or follow the wire that goes from your ecu until you find it

• drtrcr400

Posted May 18, 2016 - 04:03 PM

Your bike doesn't have a capacitor so you'll have to cut the two white plugs off your harness and connect to the battery directly. I'm not familiar with the FX so I don't know if it's equipped with a dedicated headlight connector or not. If you go straight to the battery I would recommend including an inline fuse. Also it seems Baja Designs has not updated that harness from previous generations so you'll have to extend it to reach everything.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr230rider6

Posted May 18, 2016 - 05:15 PM

Your bike doesn't have a capacitor so you'll have to cut the two white plugs off your harness and connect to the battery directly. I'm not familiar with the FX so I don't know if it's equipped with a dedicated headlight connector or not. If you go straight to the battery I would recommend including an inline fuse. Also it seems Baja Designs has not updated that harness from previous generations so you'll have to extend it to reach everything.

I just put one on my 14 450f and I never had to extend anything! I think they have it updated

• drtrcr400

Posted May 18, 2016 - 05:16 PM

I just put one on my 14 450f and I never had to extend anything! I think they have it updated

Oh that's good to know! Thanks

• keeseckb

Posted May 18, 2016 - 09:54 PM

The harness is plenty long but it's designed to plug into a capacitor and the FX doesn't have one. I talked to Baja Designs today and the YZ450F harness won't work on the FX. I ordered a harness that ties directly into the battery and has a fuse already in line. I could have used the YZ450F harness and modified it to run to the battery but I figured it would be cleaner just to return the YZ450F harness and get the other one. I'll post a link to it later.

• Summit

Posted May 20, 2016 - 07:10 AM

Why is there so much confusion? Why don't they make a straight forward plug and play system for the fx with good instructions?

• keeseckb

Posted May 20, 2016 - 08:35 AM

This is the harness that Baja Designs told me would work with the YZ450FX, http://www.bajadesig...C6D865D66E37816

• grayracer513

Posted May 20, 2016 - 12:52 PM

That one goes directly to the battery and includes an in-line fuse.  As long as it's long enough to reach, should be easy.

• keeseckb

Posted July 15, 2016 - 08:26 AM

This is the harness that Baja Designs told me would work with the YZ450FX, http://www.bajadesig...C6D865D66E37816

Harness connected up no problem. Light works great and very bright. The blue Polisport headlight shell that it comes with looks really good on the bike too. 

Only pic I have at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160628_205853.jpg

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.