Regular @ $2 per gallon

12 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 10, 2001 - 11:18 AM

Yep, good old 87 octane regular gasoline has finally hit two bucks a gallon here in Southern California. Looks like it's gonna be a long summer…

• Butta

Posted May 10, 2001 - 11:31 AM

In Jacksonville area, Florida, we're at $1.60 for 87 octane............

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 10, 2001 - 11:34 AM

Yup I know what you're saying Ron. You know what's kinda wierd, I'm still doing this stupid commute from San Diego to Irvine 5 days a week. A month ago Gas was 10 cents cheaper in Irvine, now it's 10 cents higher. What's up with that?

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?

• Pete_Z

Posted May 10, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Up here in the Great White North for 87 octane we're currently at 82.5 cents per litre,which works out to approx.$3.12 CDN. per U.S. gallon.Was as low as 49.9 cents last summer and they're saying it's going to top a buck a litre this summer!Not surprisingly all of the major oil companies are reporting unprecedented profits for the first quarter of 2001.They say that there is more demand than supply and that is driving the prices up.Either way it feels like I'm getting raped at the pumps,I'm just not sure by whom.

• Mojo

Posted May 10, 2001 - 12:32 PM

Well guys, I guess it's time we all trade in our gas hogs on lil'ol Trail 90's or something. :)

• tonymontana

Posted May 10, 2001 - 02:11 PM

My heart bleeds for you guys. Here in Australia we pay $1.03 per Liter for Unleaded fuel. The funny thing is we produce over 80% of it.
PS. What's a V8? :)

------------------
Tony Montana

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted May 10, 2001 - 03:20 PM

Sorry guys, I paid $1.55 per gallon today for 87 octane here in So. Ore, but I know the price is going to go up up up.
The sad part is 30 miles north of here it is cheaper still and they say there is no price fixing........Yeah RIGHT.
Jim

• Taffy

Posted May 11, 2001 - 02:02 AM

in the UK we pay £0.80 (80 pence) per litre. that's £4.50 per imperial gallon or if you like $6.50 per Imp gallon.

by the way yanks, you realise the reason i keep mentioning the IMPERIAL bit?

our gallon is BIGGER than yours!!!

about the only time anyone else in the world has ever been able to say that!

you use your fuel over longer distances so, fair do's, you should pay less. we just use all ours up in traffic jams.

Taffy

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 05-11-2001).]

• SUnruh

Posted May 11, 2001 - 03:39 AM

1.45 here in Austin,TX if you know where to fill up at. one place in San Antonio had it for 99 on wednesday for a going out of buisness sale.

• Sandracer_uk

Posted May 11, 2001 - 05:33 AM

£4;50 per gallon in the uk,,and of that all but 45pence is govenment tax

oh well at least we have such a wonderfull public transport system in return huh

• revin_kevin

Posted May 11, 2001 - 10:18 AM

TAFFY,would also like too add our balls are also bigger in the u.k.

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted May 11, 2001 - 10:07 PM

It's sitting at $3.30 Can /imperial gallon in Calgary, Alberta. If you stick the Can:US exchange, it's about $2.15 US.

Here's something for those that read down the posts. Did I ever tell ya guys that I stream web-audio out of my home? I have about 100 hours of misc Rock & Roll MP3's on shuffle/repeat :)
Plug this address into your favorite MP3 player ... there's a port number added to the end of the address. The port number is to identify your connection to the right stream coming from my basement.
24.70.18.141:8000

I run it off a cable modem connection so I limit the # of connections. So if you can't connect, try again later. ..and in 3 months or so the address will go away when the numbers are refreshed across the network.

Find out more about the streaming thing here: http://24.70.18.141/...lodge_audio.htm

do some windows configuring here... http://24.70.18.141/...Cfg_Winamp1.htm

..and yeah it's a hobby so no complainin'. It works well at work. But won't work well over a 33.6 modem...56k... maybe. :D

enjoy.
neil

[This message has been edited by '00 in Calgary (edited 05-12-2001).]

• BillyinColorado

Posted May 12, 2001 - 01:42 PM

When it hits $100 a gallon, i guess I may have to cut back my riding.

Then again there's a lotta dough in the kids college funds...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.