new guy needs HELP

1 reply to this topic
  • alyupe

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:46 PM

H E L P ! Just got a 01 yz426. What do I need to know. What do I need to change. Do's and do nots anything yall can do will help. I ride trails in so. cal. and the dunes. The bike has a wb muffler.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sdcrooks

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I also have an "01" WR426 and ride in the SoCal area. The following is what I've done to bring my bike up to spec. Removed air box lid completely. YZ throttle stop screw to replace the longer WR screw. This lets the throttle open all the way. Complete White Brothers Carbon fiber E Series exhaust with header pipe. I've kept the jetting stock which seems to be working great!! Pro Taper bars and ASV levers for a better riding position. Also not a bad idea to replace the plug and fluids just for added safety. Cleaned the air filter. Repacked the suspension linkage with new waterproof grease. Tighten spokes and check all major nuts & bolts for proper torque. Enjoy!!!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.