Fork Tube Height

8 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:57 PM

OK, all you So Cal & Baja Desert Dudes. How many millimeters are you running on the fork tubes? 5mm? I had taken off my forks and had some suspension work done. It took them a while to do it (a month). I know...I should have marked or measured it before I yanked them off. Anyway I forgot the exact setting. I put them back right up to the fork cap at first and believe me, if you want it to turn...Don't Do That! I popped them up out in the field, approx 5 mm. Is there a good all around or prefered measurement? Sorry for the Spode-like question but I do respect the opinions of my peers! :)

• qadsan

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:26 PM

I'm not sure what others are using for their measurements, but mine are set at 2.45mm based on my digital vernier :)

• Dave102429

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:29 PM

When I had my suspension done, I was told to set the forks at 5 mm for desert and 8 mm for a grand prix track. This was messured from the top of the upper tripple clamp to the top of the edge of the fork cap. I've been thinking about trying 10 mm for some tight trail riding.

• JackAttack

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:33 PM

7mm without the caps. I'm using an Applied top triple clamp. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rokatt88

Posted March 04, 2004 - 05:50 AM

7mm without the caps. I'm using an Applied top triple clamp. :)

Ahh yes....I forgot to mention that I am using a BRP top clamp. I believe they are very close to the Applied design. Think I'll try 7mm this weekend.

...."Gladiators...I salute you!" :D

• pchansen

Posted March 04, 2004 - 10:02 AM

I run 8mm W/3wt Maxima oil set at 120mm with .47 Racetech springs. Mostly trail riding. Still tinkering with compression and rebound settings but overall this seems to be a good starting place.
Paul

• Rokatt88

Posted March 04, 2004 - 10:29 AM

Yep, Got my scoot all Race Teched out. .47 springs in front with 10 Eibach on the rear. Race Tech Ultra Slick @ 130mm with gold valves. Be Mo-Tat-In' one time! :)

• Rokatt88

Posted March 08, 2004 - 11:32 AM

Jacky Attacky!

Ran 7mm last Saturday. Bike carved turns like a jigsaw.

:D :) :D

• JackAttack

Posted March 08, 2004 - 11:50 AM

:) :D :D

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.