Tim Ferrys Bike

1 reply to this topic
  • BIG_RYE

Posted March 08, 2002 - 08:10 AM

I have a question . I was reading the new Motorcross Action last night. It said Ferry runs a Highly modified Production carburator. It also says most notibly that there is no Throttle position Sensor . And The bike starts on the first kick everytime and never needs the hot start button. How come we cant do the same .Why would I have to do the BK mod if that is the case . Any Help would be great . Thanks for your time . I couldnt get any good answers at DRN . Althought I screwed up and wrote accelerator pump instead of TPS.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted March 08, 2002 - 09:18 AM

BIG, Tim Ferry's bike does have the BK mod. The BK mod was provided to us by his mechanic Brian Kinney (sp?). Hence the designation BK. As for the removal of the TPS, I don't have an answer for that. The BK mod allows you to limit the amount of fuel deliviered by the accelerator pump when you wick the throttle. You can even eliminate the pump shot with it. I'm not a carb guru but I believe that this also helps out in the starting of the bike. Many who have done the mod claim less starting problems. My bike starts clean first kick almost always. I've never really had much need to use the hot start knob either. Hope this helps.

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: dirtdad ]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.