Looking for Powerbomb header

4 replies to this topic
  • Stefe9999

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:01 PM

Anyone know where I can get a good price?
I've checked a few places and best I've found is $170.

• crushedreams

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:46 PM

Sounds about right for a new one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stefe9999

Posted March 03, 2004 - 05:37 PM

Does anyone have a used one in good condition they'd like to sell?

• Robert_Brazil

Posted March 09, 2004 - 06:46 PM

What is the benefit of this pipe header?

• ddialogue

Posted March 10, 2004 - 02:11 PM

What is the benefit of this pipe header?

Straight from FMF's website:

The redesigned PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF’s patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this “Bomb” at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The surface area of the perforated core lets the exhaust gasses exit into the “Bomb” chamber and then allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity.
Additionally, the PowerBomb is a “pre-muffler” of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases). On some models, you can choose between a moto or supercross version. The supercross version is designed for more low to mid-range power where the moto version is focused in the mid to upper RPM range.

:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.