What are you favourite after market accessories?

9 replies to this topic
  • shaunyt

Posted January 19, 2016 - 05:36 PM

List, post, link your favourite bits you have found out there that make your bike yours :)

• patrick2wd

Posted January 22, 2016 - 06:25 AM

ok...

let me be the first to launch this....

needed as in first necessary accessorizes:

- radiator brackets
- dakar kit,
oh wait.... that not needed straight away... (a dakar kit) :p
tea-kettle removal..
In Holland the bike comes uncorked.. so no issues there..

have a spare set of wheels.. only need to change the bearings..

a 320 disk is high on my list...

further..

put some bling on it..

silicone hoses..

foam grips (already have these)

proper engine protection (what.. where??)

yellow plastics..

a thingy to alter the injection and ignition settings... bla bla apparatus..

what else..

who follows???

• Texas2Smoker

Posted February 05, 2016 - 12:39 PM

Unabiker radiator guards, Pivot Pegz, Seat Concepts seat, Boyesen Supercooler, Works Connection clutch lever assembly, ACD Racing skid plate, Sunline brake lever, Ride Engineering master cylinder extension, Motion Pro T3 clutch cable +3" and throttle cable +3", Twisted Engineering bars, Scott's damper on BRP rubber mount system and Scott's rear disc protector, Antigravity battery, FMF Megabomb header and Q4 silencer, Hammerhead shift lever and brake lever, Works Connection guards for rear caliper and rear master, DID gold X-Ring ERV3 chain, stainless braided brake lines front and rear, Twin Air Power Flow intake and filters, Pro Taper pillow top grips.

Edited by Texas2Smoker, February 05, 2016 - 12:48 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 05, 2016 - 08:13 PM

Good tires, good oil, good filters good grips, good accesories for proper ergonomics, and properly revalved suspension

• Bitteeinbit

Posted February 06, 2016 - 05:51 AM

Unabiker radiator guards, Pivot Pegz, Seat Concepts seat, Boyesen Supercooler, Works Connection clutch lever assembly, ACD Racing skid plate, Sunline brake lever, Ride Engineering master cylinder extension, Motion Pro T3 clutch cable +3" and throttle cable +3", Twisted Engineering bars, Scott's damper on BRP rubber mount system and Scott's rear disc protector, Antigravity battery, FMF Megabomb header and Q4 silencer, Hammerhead shift lever and brake lever, Works Connection guards for rear caliper and rear master, DID gold X-Ring ERV3 chain, stainless braided brake lines front and rear, Twin Air Power Flow intake and filters, Pro Taper pillow top grips.

That's a crazy list. What exactly does an aftermarket shiftlever do? Same for brake lever. Besides maybe shaving off .1 pound. I do like larger brake levers, but can't see what those would bring to the bike besides bling. Honest question.

Why did you get +3" cables? Do you have some risers on?

Edited by Bitteeinbit, February 06, 2016 - 05:52 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas2Smoker

Posted February 06, 2016 - 06:44 PM

That's a crazy list. What exactly does an aftermarket shiftlever do? Same for brake lever. Besides maybe shaving off .1 pound. I do like larger brake levers, but can't see what those would bring to the bike besides bling. Honest question.

Why did you get +3" cables? Do you have some risers on?

I have pretty big feet, size 13 boots so the stock levers don't cut it for me. The shift lever is plus 15mm I believe and the brake lever is adjustable and has a much better surface to grip with your boot. Also both levers are stronger and will hold up better in a crash, so less chance of me DNFing in a race or being towed out on the trail. The Sunline brake lever is great because it improves the feel of the front brake tremendously, it is much more precise and has a better action. Also it flips up, down, or to the front in a crash so it won't break. The plus 3 inch cables were to accommodate my Scott's bottom mount stabilizer with the rubber mounted BRP kit which adds height. The cables on my bike were pretty short from the factory anyway, so when I added that I needed them at that point.

• thomas liles

Posted February 07, 2016 - 05:38 PM

how do you like your twisted engineering bars? What bend did you go with? Which ones do you think are the closest bend to stock?

• Texas2Smoker

Posted February 07, 2016 - 05:41 PM

how do you like your twisted engineering bars? What bend did you go with? Which ones do you think are the closest bend to stock?

I love my TE bars. I went with the Windham bend and I like it better than the stock bend, but I don't know what the closest bend to stock is.

• Bitteeinbit

Posted February 07, 2016 - 06:31 PM

Fair enough, I'm also big (13 boots as well), so might try them out. What I want most is probably new pegs. The stock ones are good enough on the 2005, but those on the 2007+ are wider and nicer (and apparently a tad lower). I figure wider pegs would make a difference, especially if they're lower.

FYI, I used to have RC high bend bars and I found them more stable than stock ones... Maybe it's the way my new to me wr is set up. My forks were about 1.8cm up in the clamps and I just put them to 1.2. Maybe 8mm will be my next move. I've got a set of Rox risers on the way which I can't wait to try.

• Texas2Smoker

Posted February 07, 2016 - 11:53 PM

Fair enough, I'm also big (13 boots as well), so might try them out. What I want most is probably new pegs. The stock ones are good enough on the 2005, but those on the 2007+ are wider and nicer (and apparently a tad lower). I figure wider pegs would make a difference, especially if they're lower.

FYI, I used to have RC high bend bars and I found them more stable than stock ones... Maybe it's the way my new to me wr is set up. My forks were about 1.8cm up in the clamps and I just put them to 1.2. Maybe 8mm will be my next move. I've got a set of Rox risers on the way which I can't wait to try.

If you're looking for pegs, don't waste your money on anything except Pivot Pegz. One of the best additions to my bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.