756 rear to M12 Rear...............

7 replies to this topic
  • racemile

Posted March 03, 2004 - 12:48 PM

Has anyone else done this and how did it work out?

Thanks,
Jason

• Wicked_Crash

Posted March 03, 2004 - 12:58 PM

I have an M12 rear on, and out of all the rear tires I've tried, I like it the best. I've heard good things about the Dunlop 755 rear, but haven't tried one and heard they are fazing that model out. :)

• oldbones

Posted March 03, 2004 - 01:02 PM

I went from the stock rear (was it a 739?) to an M-12, then to an S-12. The M-12 was an improvement over the stock tire for about 60 miles, then it was TOAST! Then I switched to the S-12 and couldn't be happier. It just lasts and lasts. I couldn't recommend the M-12.

I ride mostly woods, but have also run some ride open GP race stuff with the new tire. In fact, I put it on just before the 24 hour race at Goldendale, rode it 90+ miles there, and it showed zero wear after the race. I now have probably 10 rides on it, and it's maybe 25-40% done.

• MasiveMoe

Posted March 03, 2004 - 04:14 PM

I have also used both the M12 & S12's. I had 3 or 4 half used M12's that I used a few times(sold @ local race) and then switched back to the S12's. S12's hook up WAY BETTER & LAST LONGER!! Even in hard to medium terrain I would use the S12's!!

Moe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • litespeed

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:08 PM

I used the M-12, and it worked OK for the first ride and then it was junk. It wouldn't hold a line in the loose gravel. I had good luck with the 739's or even the maxxis IT.

• Strick

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:45 PM

All I run is M-12's front and rear. However, I live in Nevada, which bascially means, sand, rock and DG(kitty litter soil). The M-12's have a natural cupping pattern which is GREAT in sand.

I have tried the S-12 many times in the past. I have flatted EVERY time I have ridden one (front or rear). I also always run Bridgstone Ultra heavy duty tubes. The sidewall on the S-12's are too thin for Nevada rocks, at least that is my experience.

Please keep in mind, where I ride is VERY different than most parts of the country.

• Oasis_Flame

Posted March 04, 2004 - 05:34 AM

I agree Strick. Just removed the old M-12 after 1000 miles of hard desert riding in Fallon. Never had any problems with the tire. 756 does not have the life of a M-12 for my riding. :)

• WR_Dave

Posted March 05, 2004 - 06:17 AM

I agree with Strick, the michelin sidewalls don't handle rocks well at all. the s-12 had great traction but a huge cut sidewall doesn't grip worth S$%t. I have been running the Kenda Millville the last two years and I am very happy with the traction and duarability. I ride tight woods,roots :thumbsup:and alot of rocks. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.