- - - - -

YZ450FX Owner EFI & Timing Map Database

• Please sign in to reply

22 replies to this topic
  • OldDutchFarm

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted January 18, 2016 - 10:14 AM

Since the 450F and 450FX have different ECUs, I thought it appropriate for an FX specific FI map thread. As a start,the map from the Motorcycle.com review of the FX that is supposed to give a hard hit with quick revs can be found here: http://www.motorcycl...CU-Settings.jpg

Edited by OldDutchFarm, January 18, 2016 - 10:26 AM.

• reedo05

TT Member

72 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Where can someone find these maps for the FX ?.I would have thought that some

maps would have been posted by now.

• RSWR450F

TT Bronze Member

285 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted February 04, 2016 - 12:33 AM

Yamaha power tuner video manual for YZ450FX/WR450F 2016.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0QgHCym-Qvk

1-efa.jpg?ver=0

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,491 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 02:24 PM

Nobody??? I have only found a few maps through my searching.

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,491 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 09:47 PM

For anyone who cares, I've started building a database of sorts with different maps I've found for the FX.  If you have something that works for you or would like to see what I have so far let me know.  If someone is really good with databases and wants to help out, I'd love to have a searchable database so you could quickly locate a map to suit your needs.

• Jaslater

TT Bronze Member

179 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:24 AM

anyone have maps?

• foggy3061

TT Bronze Member

172 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 11:45 PM

Yamaha already list some baseline maps for the latest models on their site (under the specifications tab at the bottom right of the page):

https://www.shopyama...7&dealernumber=

Untitled_zpsdkaqilyt.jpg

• Jaslater

TT Bronze Member

179 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 09:08 PM

I tried the bottom two, I wasn't a big fan of map 2. I will try the hard hitting one soon.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:01 AM

Yamaha already list some baseline maps for the latest models on their site (under the specifications tab at the bottom right of the page):

https://www.shopyama...7&dealernumber=

Untitled_zpsdkaqilyt.jpg

They look pretty wimpy unless your riding in rocks. I use something like the middle one for fueling with +4's on all the ignition. However mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

• grayracer513
42,912 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:18 AM

... mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

I don't think that's a particularly safe assumption, given the differences in camshaft profile.  The FX uses the YZ-F cams.  Worth trying, though

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted May 18, 2016 - 10:01 AM

I don't think that's a particularly safe assumption, given the differences in camshaft profile.  The FX uses the YZ-F cams.  Worth trying, though

They all use the same cams for the 16's. But the WR has stock a plugged up pea shooter pipe and air cleaner restrictor for sure. Funny thing is the bike seems to run great with about any settings.

• jwilson32

TT Bronze Member

109 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 09:26 AM

I'm wanting to play with the mapping more on my 450FX although I'm not really sure what the numbers mean. What I'm saying is, if I want it to be soft on the bottom, would I want a + or a - number? And would you recommend adjusting the Fuel before the Ignition, vice versa or if I make a change to one, I need to change the other? 

I've found a million vids on how to turn on the tuner, edit it and send it to the ECU although I'm lost when it comes to what the settings actually do to the bike.

I have a 16' 450FX w/ FMF RCT 4.1 slip on. I ride in pretty loose, rocky and rooty terrain so I'd like something really smooth on bottom and mid. I'm attaching what my settings currently are.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mapping.jpg

• keeseckb

TT Member

95 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted June 27, 2016 - 08:49 AM

I haven't adjusted mine from stock but here are some different maps from Yamaha you could try. Test each one and see what it does to the power and then you would have a better idea how it affects the power characteristics. Then report your findings back to us :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• 450FX tuner.jpg

Edited by keeseckb, June 27, 2016 - 08:50 AM.

• foggy3061

TT Bronze Member

172 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 10:24 AM

They look pretty wimpy unless your riding in rocks. I use something like the middle one for fueling with +4's on all the ignition. However mine is a 16' WR450 but timing is likely the same.

Yamaha do have some differences between the maps for the YZFX and the WR. The hard hitting maps are the same but the smooth linear maps have differences (only counting the maps for the wr with the GYTR/aftermarket exhaust).

I haven't adjusted mine from stock but here are some different maps from Yamaha you could try. Test each one and see what it does to the power and then you would have a better idea how it affects the power characteristics. Then report your findings back to us :-)

Those maps have already been posted, scroll up! :thumbsup:

• celler

TT Bronze Member

103 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 06:58 PM

Just got my 450 FX and thought I would try a different Map to see if I could make it a little smoother right off idle and less likely to stall.  My problem is when I go to down load a Map I get the message that I'm not connected to the ECU but when in the monitor function I can read my idle speed, coolant temperature etc so I know I'm connected. I only have about 1 hr on the bike.and the tuner is new.  Any ideas?

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,231 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:07 PM

Just got my 450 FX and thought I would try a different Map to see if I could make it a little smoother right off idle and less likely to stall.  My problem is when I go to down load a Map I get the message that I'm not connected to the ECU but when in the monitor function I can read my idle speed, coolant temperature etc so I know I'm connected. I only have about 1 hr on the bike.and the tuner is new.  Any ideas?

When it says not connected hit the electric start button but don't start it. The bikes ignition needs to be on.

• cowboyona426

Get Help Now

5,491 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Anyone playing with maps yet?  Mine is still stock for now, hoping to try different maps this weekend.  I'd really like to get my database up and going so the 450FX crowd can learn from each other and find what works best.

• celler

TT Bronze Member

103 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 08:28 PM

When it says not connected hit the electric start button but don't start it. The bikes ignition needs to be on.

Thanks - That did it. Got the Map loaded

• MtuSmoker

TT Member

70 posts

Posted September 01, 2016 - 03:23 PM

I had a 12 yz450 before I got my fx, still had the marmont map on my tuner so tried it out. Very happy with this map. Have tried the gytr maps for the fx and wasn't to happy with them, seemed to flame out easier. I've been happiest with stock (go figure) and the marmont map. To each their own thou, run the marmont map during races and fun riding and have the stock map for slick and single track like hatfields mccoys stuff.

• mxrider4life847

TT Member

92 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 29, 2016 - 12:17 PM

Anyone playing with maps yet? Mine is still stock for now, hoping to try different maps this weekend. I'd really like to get my database up and going so the 450FX crowd can learn from each other and find what works best.

Any info on the database your working on? I'm starting to play around with mine as well. Curious about this "marmont map" / (Dr D's)?? Anyone have the figures for this? I've read through about 5 threads and have been unable to find the actual numbers.

Related Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.