YZ450FX

8 replies to this topic
  • BolinJrsPit Crew

Posted January 16, 2016 - 06:18 AM

The YZ riders seem to really appreciate the FX. Have any of the WR guys purchased one yet. I should be making a move on one next week, that would make me a new Team Blue. Coming off a CRF450X which is a bad ash fast and flowy desert bike I was tending to get myself into the tight and twistys and that's where the Honda got real tiresome. So I'm interested in hearing how the FX handles the tightness. Thanks.

• stevethe

Posted January 16, 2016 - 06:26 AM

The YZ riders seem to really appreciate the FX. Have any of the WR guys purchased one yet. I should be making a move on one next week, that would make me a new Team Blue. Coming off a CRF450X which is a bad ash fast and flowy desert bike I was tending to get myself into the tight and twistys and that's where the Honda got real tiresome. So I'm interested in hearing how the FX handles the tightness. Thanks.

The new WR feels great. Really has a light and nimble feeling. I just did a 18 mile night loop in Texas cyn. But two more rides to come for this weekend.

• BolinJrsPit Crew

Posted January 16, 2016 - 06:38 AM

The new WR feels great. Really has a light and nimble feeling. I just did a 18 mile night loop in Texas cyn. But two more rides to come for this weekend.

Can't wait to hear the results.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 16, 2016 - 08:48 PM

I rode it today as well, briefly.

Feels very solid, very nimble, slightly less 'porky' than the carb'd WR's.

Power delivery with the stock ECU was very good and torquey.

To me it seems like it would be the ultimate platform for a really good trail bike or race bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Andrew Puetz

Posted January 17, 2016 - 06:00 AM

Krannie, what is your impression when compared to an uncorked FI WR450

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 17, 2016 - 06:03 AM

Krannie, what is your impression when compared to an uncorked FI WR450

I rode my new BETA 430RRRE and a short ride on the 2016 WR450F with uncorking but no GYTR ECU or map.

The WR felt MUCH better than the Carb'd version in every way.

The BETA is a 'little' bike, and is hard to compare directly to the WR. 

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 18, 2016 - 11:30 AM

Just wondering if there is a reason to go YZFX over the WR if you are in California.  That green sticker means a lot to me, including resale value.  I do a ton of night riding and with a red sticker cannot even ride off season in the desert, which is pretty retarded if you ask me.  I get that the WR will always be a little heavier, but if you don't buy the YZFX purely as a race bike, cannot the WR be made fairly easily to perform at the same level as the FX enginewise?  

• KennyMc

Posted January 18, 2016 - 12:09 PM

Just wondering if there is a reason to go YZFX over the WR if you are in California. That green sticker means a lot to me, including resale value. I do a ton of night riding and with a red sticker cannot even ride off season in the desert, which is pretty retarded if you ask me. I get that the WR will always be a little heavier, but if you don't buy the YZFX purely as a race bike, cannot the WR be made fairly easily to perform at the same level as the FX enginewise?

Well, you can obtain a plate for the WR and not the FX....details not discussed here ;)

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 18, 2016 - 12:12 PM

Well, you can obtain a plate for the WR and not the FX....details not discussed here ;)

For sure, that's the other thing I was thinking  :thumbsup: .  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.