#68 Jet rather than #68s

4 replies to this topic
  • xrbrp

Posted March 03, 2004 - 09:55 AM

Does using a #68 Piolet jet Rather than the #68s make a difference, and if so is it very big. I ordered the 68s but they gave me an after market brand and I think it is a 68 and not a 68s. Should I wait and get the 68s or have the mechanic install 68.

• BrianVT

Posted March 03, 2004 - 04:03 PM

See hear: http://www.xr650r.us/jetting/
I've never tried the 68, it might be okay.
I'd go for the 68s to be safe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Winkel

Posted March 03, 2004 - 04:46 PM

Hey all,
This may not be the thread in which to adress this, but I did the uncork on my bike for about $10. I bought my jet kit on e-bay for about ten bucks, and did all of the mods myself. The air box mod is easy, the intake boot can be trimmed with a utility knife, adjusted the needle up, and I drilled out my exhaust tip with a 1/8 inch bit, a hammer and chisel. Then I dremeled the rough edges to make it look factory. The kit I bought had three main jets (I installed the 170), and the 68S pilot. The 68S pilot seems to make a big difference in how easy it starts. Go with the 68S. It only took me about four hours, with the majority of that time being spent on the tip. Good Luck!!
Gary :) :D

• xrbrp

Posted March 03, 2004 - 05:51 PM

I got the bike back today, I checked the paper work and it was a 68 pilot jet, but did not say 68s. I have tried to order one from the honda shops in the area and they said that they couldn't find them.

Bike seems ok. used to start on one kick, with choke on full, (lever all the way up). now starts (cold) with lever in the middle, about 4-5 kicks. seems to have more power.
I'm waiting for the manual to arrive at the dealer, then I will attempt to change the 68 to 68s. this site has the honda 68s. http://www.servicehonda.com/

• jws

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:11 PM

I have tried to order one from the honda shops in the area and they said that they couldn't find them.

68s (Honda P/N: 99105-MBN-0680) i had the same problem - if you order the honda 68 you will get the 68s the book says nothing about s it just say 68

jeff :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.