2012 YZ Sticker kit Question.

5 replies to this topic
  • floatn turd

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hi,

I bought a 2012 YZ450f. I would like to throw a cool sticker kit on it, so that I might look like cooler and more "badass" than I actually am.

Here are my questions:

1) My shrouds are "dimpled" or  "kinda textured".  Will a sticker kit even stick well to that business?  I don't want to spend $100+ on a kit if that crap will just peel off in a month. 

2) I can add "rim protectors"  for like $20.  Do those thing hold up in the dirt/sand? Or do they also just come flying off in a day.

If anyone has put one on their bike and know what i'm talking about, I would appreciate your input.   Just don't want to waste my moo-la.

Thank you

FT

20150726_173333.jpg

• cpetz24

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:46 AM

You're wasting your moola.  Graphic kits do nothing other than maybe protect the plastics from scratching.  They will stick to the textured stuff but not as well as the non-textured plastic.  You're bike looks pretty sweet the way it is, I wouldn't pervert it with some goofy kit. 

• SAKs YAMAHA

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:14 AM

I like 'em naked... unless i sell them then i use factory effex . But unless you have sponsors I'd spend the money one performance and maintenance.

My '10 has the textured plastic also and the stickers that were on it when I got it stuck well enough.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1452708447220.jpg

Edited by SAKs YAMAHA, January 13, 2016 - 10:16 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • floatn turd

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:26 PM

I hear you both,  and i'm 50/50 on it.  I usually don't blow money on crap that is just for show.  But I found that I really like.   Maybe if I win that 1.5 billion $ lottery............I'll splurge.

Thank you for both the info.

And I also agree, it's pretty good looking as is. 

FT

• mlatour

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:50 PM

I too prefer the looks of a bare no-graphics bike.

For about the same price as fancy graphics, rather invest in servicing the fork oil and bushings and the shock fluid and nitrogen charge.

(if not sure of the bike's past maintenance history, it's more than likely due on a 2012)

Things that actually will help in making you ride smoother and faster (which is real badass, not pretend)

Edited by mlatour, January 13, 2016 - 09:52 PM.

• Justin89

Posted January 18, 2016 - 10:37 AM

If im gonna ride slow, im gonna at least look good doing it. I say get a rad joe gibbs racing graphics kit.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.