local mx tracks

1 reply to this topic
  • az426

Posted March 06, 2002 - 06:32 AM

hey guys i was on another local race/track page and there was a good debate on track type with emphassis on the tabletop vs. double issue.seeing how we have a mix from the u.s. here i was wondering what everyone thinks.
the way i see it a track of tables is safer and a track full of supercross style doubles is for maybe 5 percent of the riders,but before i get blasted let me say a good mix of tables and doubles that that dont have a super technical
landing or pitch you up 25 ft in the air.just a question that brings out lots of perpectives-what'll ya'll think?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted March 08, 2002 - 02:13 PM

I have to agree with you. At my age(little over 30)I'll go for a 90 foot table top before I go for double that's 45 feet part. You come up short on a TT big deal on a double it depends. I broke my collar bone coming up short on a double. It all depends on the double too. I'd rather ride on a track with several TTs than doubles, but that's me. You can still get just as much air with a TT. My .02

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.