Flag mounting?

8 replies to this topic
  • Madisyamaha

Posted January 12, 2016 - 10:03 PM

I'm going to glamis next weekend and wondering what is the best way to mount a flag?

• Slow and Jerky

Posted January 13, 2016 - 04:05 AM

As painful as it is, I found that drilling a hole in the back fender and using a couple of big fender washers works the best for me. I have tried the swing arm mounts but I always seem to break the flag off.

• bikedude987

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:17 AM

My favorite way is to put it in the camelback.  I've 3d printed some spacers and some zip tie loops so that it stays in place and is secure.  I don't notice it when riding and it stays with ME not the BIKE in the envent of a crash.  

you can run a much shorter flag, especially if you stand a lot as well.

• Madisyamaha

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:07 AM

Thank you. What about a glass flag compared to steel

Edited by Madisyamaha, January 13, 2016 - 09:07 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:55 AM

I always liked the one that attached to the fender.

• Happyapppy

Posted January 13, 2016 - 11:32 AM

I'm headed out to glamis this weekend too, where do you stay?

• Madisyamaha

Posted January 13, 2016 - 11:38 AM

Going next weekend. Idk yet. First time there lol.

• bikedude987

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:30 AM

I've never heard of a steel flagpole. Use 'glass.

• DangerRanger245

Posted January 14, 2016 - 02:13 PM

I used swing arm mounted flags, drilled a hole in the fender and used a heavy duty zip tie to LOOSELY secure the flag along the fender

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.