De restricting 2016 WR450

63 replies to this topic
  • Motodisiac

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:26 PM

I used short 8mm screw (matched to YZ screw) Then when I received proper ECU the screw looked way longer. I decided to stick with OEM procedure and it turned out to be major waste of time. You are OK to use short one.

I can also give advice about removing stock screw. Unless you have security torx small enough to get there, you will have to struggle. I spent some time wrestling with various plyers and none worked for me. Then I took a chisel with small hammer and gave the bolt light tap around 2 o'clock going counterclockwise. Bingo!

• stevethe

Posted February 05, 2016 - 06:44 AM

I used short 8mm screw (matched to YZ screw) Then when I received proper ECU the screw looked way longer. I decided to stick with OEM procedure and it turned out to be major waste of time. You are OK to use short one.

I can also give advice about removing stock screw. Unless you have security torx small enough to get there, you will have to struggle. I spent some time wrestling with various plyers and none worked for me. Then I took a chisel with small hammer and gave the bolt light tap around 2 o'clock going counterclockwise. Bingo!

Yeah anyone doing it should go to the Home Depot and get the security torx bits. I used a short torx bit meant to go into a driver. Instead of using the driver as there is no room I used a 8mm wrench to turn the torx bit and out the throttle stop came.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Super_Davee

Posted February 05, 2016 - 08:05 AM

Yeah anyone doing it should go to the Home Depot and get the security torx bits. I used a short torx bit meant to go into a driver. Instead of using the driver as there is no room I used a 8mm wrench to turn the torx bit and out the throttle stop came.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

• Firethorn37

Posted August 29, 2016 - 10:30 AM

That's why I did.  Grabbed a T-25 security bit, held it on with my finger and used an open ended wrench to turn it...pretty simple.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.