De restricting 2016 WR450

63 replies to this topic
  • Super_Davee

Posted January 21, 2016 - 07:50 PM

Sales tax in tx is 6.25%. Wild West in Katy is where I'm purchasing the bike.

• Motodisiac

Posted January 21, 2016 - 08:05 PM

Do you guys think it's OK to run the bike uncorked on both ends but with stock ECU? I only on some bikes too leasn could cause major damage. Dealer sold me wrong part number and proper ECU won't be here before the weekend. As you can imagine I'm dying to ride my new bike.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 21, 2016 - 09:03 PM

Do you guys think it's OK to run the bike uncorked on both ends but with stock ECU? I only on some bikes too leasn could cause major damage. Dealer sold me wrong part number and proper ECU won't be here before the weekend. As you can imagine I'm dying to ride my new bike.

Won't run lean enough to do damage, unless you get it to detonate and keep riding it....

• patrick2wd

Posted January 22, 2016 - 04:00 AM

Your welcome to the YZ one but I wonder if the shipping would kill the deal. They cost $20. at the dealer or you can grind the rivets and remove the tea kettle for free.

is that for the bracket holding the aircleaner?

or... for the original teakettle thing..?

• stevethe

Posted January 22, 2016 - 05:14 AM

You won't have any problems you will need to install a short screw to remove the throttle stop. You should also remove the tea kettle.

is that for the bracket holding the aircleaner?

or... for the original teakettle thing..?

Yes the tea kettle is under the bottom air cleaner holder. You can grind off the plastic rivets to remove the tea kettle.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 22, 2016 - 06:17 AM

but no other items needed for fitting a oily aircleaner?
whats the cost of that $22.-??

• stevethe

Posted January 22, 2016 - 06:48 AM

but no other items needed for fitting a oily aircleaner?
whats the cost of that $22.-??

You just use the stock air filter cage and grind off the rivets. = $0.00

If you don't want to grind off the rivets $22. for a YZ cage.

• 2Speed

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:48 AM

Sales tax in tx is 6.25%. Wild West in Katy is where I'm purchasing the bike.

Actually it's by county, unless the vehicle in question is street legal. 6.25% is the Texas state mandated sales tax for all new vehicles sold which are to be titled and registered for on highway use.  Any new vehicle sold (Motorcycle, ATV, etc.) with a MSO that states "OFF HIGHWAY USE ONLY", the sales tax is whatever the local county's sales tax is. I'm in Collin county (Dallas), and the sales tax is 8.25%. 

If your dealer is going to plate it, and convert the title to remove the OHV exemption, that's awesome! Plus you get to pay the lower tax rate. 

I plated my 2009 WR. I bought it used, but then installed a DS kit. Had to first get it inspected, then fill out the paperwork to convert the title. It was a bit of a hassle. No dealer I talked to here locally is willing to plate a Yamaha, as the MSO's are so specific about it's intended use.

Now KTM's and Huskys are another story. Apparently their MSO's are written so that ANY of them can be sold as street legal, or OHV, whichever the buyer prefers. That's the way it should be, IMO.

Anyway, congrats on the new bike! Can't wait to get mine. Post up some pics when you get it. 

Oh, what kind of a deal are they giving you? I'm pretty much stuck at MSRP + tax at the three dealers I've talked to. The one I'm buying it from said they can get me some Blu Cru bucks (like $300 I think), and a couple hundred in store credit, but that's it.

• Super_Davee

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:25 AM

Actually it's by county, unless the vehicle in question is street legal. 6.25% is the Texas state mandated sales tax for all new vehicles sold which are to be titled and registered for on highway use.  Any new vehicle sold (Motorcycle, ATV, etc.) with a MSO that states "OFF HIGHWAY USE ONLY", the sales tax is whatever the local county's sales tax is. I'm in Collin county (Dallas), and the sales tax is 8.25%. 

If your dealer is going to plate it, and convert the title to remove the OHV exemption, that's awesome! Plus you get to pay the lower tax rate. 

I plated my 2009 WR. I bought it used, but then installed a DS kit. Had to first get it inspected, then fill out the paperwork to convert the title. It was a bit of a hassle. No dealer I talked to here locally is willing to plate a Yamaha, as the MSO's are so specific about it's intended use.

Now KTM's and Huskys are another story. Apparently their MSO's are written so that ANY of them can be sold as street legal, or OHV, whichever the buyer prefers. That's the way it should be, IMO.

Anyway, congrats on the new bike! Can't wait to get mine. Post up some pics when you get it. 

Oh, what kind of a deal are they giving you? I'm pretty much stuck at MSRP + tax at the three dealers I've talked to. The one I'm buying it from said they can get me some Blu Cru bucks (like $300 I think), and a couple hundred in store credit, but that's it.

Ah ha. I wasn't even thinking about the off-road use tax being different than street legal. Good point. I'm paying 6.25%

I didn't get any discount on the sales price, but got what i would call a good deal overall, being that this is a brand new bike, and that they are plating it for me. I'll get some store credit and blu bucks, but in the end, the money given in store credit/blue bucks came from my pocket one way or another.  :lol:

I'll start my own thread, so I can stop cluttering up stevethe's. 

• stevethe

Posted January 23, 2016 - 07:46 AM

This mod will likely be in summer out of riding season and a little more than a standard de restriction. GYTR cnc Cosworth ported head and GYTR cams. IMG_2777_zpss5al5zjp.jpg

IMG_2776_zpsb4opfpse.jpg

IMG_2778_zpsvk6jcxlu.jpg

head_zps3mu6ft2g.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • patrick2wd

Posted January 23, 2016 - 01:43 PM

More input.....
What where... how..

• stevethe

Posted January 23, 2016 - 03:04 PM

More input.....
What where... how..

Got a deal I couldn't afford to pass up. Google the part number in the pic. It's the GYTR complete head and cams for a YZ450.

• chelder

Posted January 23, 2016 - 06:06 PM

That head is beautiful! i want one but they are $3k in Australia its just to much, I'v got a WR450f 2016 on order cant wait till it gets here, got a full set of rims, full GYTR FMF exhaust, GYTR clutch and ignition covers, GYTR radiator braces, GYTR high seat, Acerbis 11l tank.....few other things i cant think of right now. 

Ill put some photos up when I get it and start to build it, it will get works suspension front and rear exotic coatings gold valves everything.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 24, 2016 - 01:33 AM

As Ive mentioned in another thread, here in the flat countries the new WR's are sold-out, for now..

So.. I'm saving my money...

for now...

and following few "heads" on the fleabay... :jawdrop:

Edited by patrick2wd, January 24, 2016 - 01:41 AM.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 26, 2016 - 04:53 AM

20160126_132855_zpshxbnatvw.jpg

thats the only time Ive got close to a new WR, #92... :banghead:

• chelder

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:14 AM

Man they are sweet i cant wait to get mine!!! its been allocated so its just a waiting game now id say I'll pick it up on the 08/02...

• patrick2wd

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:24 AM

and pretty happy they come with black rims..

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, I was gonna mention that - I wish they'd come with those wheels in the US.

• Super_Davee

Posted February 04, 2016 - 08:39 AM

Steve, did you replace the throttle stop scew on your bike? How was the process? I've heard its a pain on the previous gen FI WR.

• stevethe

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:54 AM

Steve, did you replace the throttle stop scew on your bike? How was the process? I've heard its a pain on the previous gen FI WR.

You can do it with just a short screw. Just unscrew the long one go get a short one and tighten it. You don't have to remove anything.
If you put in the factory one you need to remove the cable cover as it takes a nut that goes in there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.