De restricting 2016 WR450

63 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 18, 2016 - 03:41 PM

Steve has some tricks up his sleeve.

I was privy to some of the things to come.

Can you say 'laminar flow' ?

• stevethe

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Steve has some tricks up his sleeve.

I was privy to some of the things to come.

Can you say 'laminar flow' ?

Ah yes picked up a GYTR Cosworth ported head and cams.

• stevethe

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:15 PM

Installed a Western Power Sports featherweight lithium battery. IMG_2768_zpsc58nanki.jpg

Pipe blued nicely. IMG_2769_zps4dchqeps.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:22 PM

^ ooooh ^    :worthy:  :worthy:

Great.

Now I'm going to start shopping for a Ti pipe for the Beet-ah.

Your fault.

• stevethe

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:29 PM

^ ooooh ^    :worthy:  :worthy:
Great.
Now I'm going to start shopping for a Ti pipe for the Beet-ah.
Your fault.

Your Beta is a bitchen machine. Why not.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Your Beta is a bitchen machine. Why not.

Can't find a trick Ti header for it!  

Might have to get some Eye-talian type.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 19, 2016 - 01:28 AM

You'll have to shop in France (maybe) and get a Dakar pipe for it.. +longer/ = better performance.. (&much wider)

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 19, 2016 - 05:31 AM

You'll have to shop in France (maybe) and get a Dakar pipe for it.. +longer/ = better performance.. (&much wider)

No low pipes for me.

• stevethe

Posted January 19, 2016 - 07:01 AM

No low pipes for me.

Yea down pipes are not the current swag. Maybe for a road race bike or maybe the Dakar bike. Remember even Penton got a motorcycle to last 6 days in the ISDE.

• KennyMc

Posted January 19, 2016 - 07:35 AM

Yea down pipes are not the current swag. Maybe for a road race bike or maybe the Dakar bike. Remember even Penton got a motorcycle to last 6 days in the ISDE.

Or a 1974 Honda XR75. DG :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted January 19, 2016 - 07:48 AM

Or a 1974 Honda XR75. DG :thumbsup:

My XR80 with a XR200 motor stuffed into it. Varoooom pop pop pop.photo1_zpsdb564359.jpg

• patrick2wd

Posted January 19, 2016 - 08:56 AM

Thanks, I found it at Rocky Mountain. This is the kit with ECU, throttle screw and programmer for $313.99

The ECU alone is $98

https://www.rockymou...etition-Kit-ECU

that comes standard in the EU, "not for road use intended" :moon:

Edited by patrick2wd, January 20, 2016 - 04:45 AM.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 19, 2016 - 11:56 PM

Hows that new intake behaving...?
Any good?

• stevethe

Posted January 20, 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hows that new intake behaving...?
Any good?

If you mean the new competition ECU it sounds different. Better rap off idle. It doesn't sound lean any more. I will know more on Sunday. The instructions say to set the ECU with all zero's with the intake derestricted and a pipe. That's the stock settings it comes with without using the tuner.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 20, 2016 - 08:10 AM

I decided to upgrade a bit on the filter holder. The one pictured is a Twin air powerflow kit with no screen for a YZ450.

The stock air filter is a bit puny the GYTR one looks like a Uni and looks the largest. However the glue has known to be junk on the Uni's so we will see if it holds up. The Twin air and the PC racing both look good.

IMG_2753_zpsjooe2dem.jpg

IMG_2752_zpsp027ps1t.jpg

IMG_2751_zpseoful7j3.jpg

and with this contraption??

• stevethe

Posted January 20, 2016 - 08:28 AM

and with this contraption??

Ah never rode it with the stock set up. Also to note the YZ cage is the same as the WR minus the tea kettle baffle. In the instructions with the GYTR ECU it tells you to grind off the plastic rivets to remove it. I have a spare YZ one if anyone needs it.

• Super_Davee

Posted January 21, 2016 - 12:21 PM

Just put my deposit down today. The bike should be at the dealer early next week, and they are going to plate it for me. 

I'd gladly purchase the YZ cage from ya!

Ah never rode it with the stock set up. Also to note the YZ cage is the same as the WR minus the tea kettle baffle. In the instructions with the GYTR ECU it tells you to grind off the plastic rivets to remove it. I have a spare YZ one if anyone needs it.

• stevethe

Posted January 21, 2016 - 01:33 PM

Just put my deposit down today. The bike should be at the dealer early next week, and they are going to plate it for me. 

Your welcome to the YZ one but I wonder if the shipping would kill the deal. They cost $20. at the dealer or you can grind the rivets and remove the tea kettle for free.

• Super_Davee

Posted January 21, 2016 - 01:38 PM

Ah ha. I didn't know they were so cheap! Since i'm in TX, that would kill the deal after shipping. I'm sure someone closer to your hometown could put it to good use eventually. 

• 2Speed

Posted January 21, 2016 - 03:54 PM

Which dealer is plating it for you? Are they going to charge you the 6% sales tax instead of the 8.25%?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.