De restricting 2016 WR450

63 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted January 12, 2016 - 06:30 AM

Found this part from a tea kettle in the air cleaner track. This goes in upside down so you don't really see it through the screen from the top. It's intention is to quiet the intake.  Out it goes. I ordered the one from a YZ. I could imagine one could just grind the plastic nubs off to remove it. I will confirm if the YZ is the same part minus the tea kettle.

Other issues are the competition ECU and new throttle stop.(On order.)

I didn't take the pipe apart since I put a Pro Circuit ti. pipe on it. So for those wishing to keep the stock pipe it appears you can undue the allen heads to get into the pipe and remove the pea shooter. It's a very very small hole stock for a 450.

Anyone removing the stock pipe it's a very tight fit and the middle U comes out from the right with a swift tug.

Air_zps8cttwvyz.jpg

• Super_Davee

Posted January 12, 2016 - 07:50 AM

Show us pics of the PC pipe! What other plans do you have for the bike?

• stevethe

Posted January 12, 2016 - 09:15 AM

Show us pics of the PC pipe! What other plans do you have for the bike?

Looking to get some power out of it so a very expensive port job in the summer out of riding season is likely. Look at the last picture where the tank sits this should be an interesting bike to ride.

IMG_2746_zpsmlzkoypw.jpg

IMG_2745_zpsl278m0q8.jpg

IMG_2747_zpsd3yyxtdo.jpg

• Super_Davee

Posted January 12, 2016 - 09:38 AM

Awesome thanks for sharing. I'll be picking up one of these ASAP after i sell my 690SMC. Please continue to share with us!

Looking to get some power out of it so a very expensive port job in the summer out of riding season is likely. Look at the last picture where the tank sits this should be an interesting bike to ride.

• KennyMc

Posted January 12, 2016 - 10:05 AM

IMG_2746_zpsmlzkoypw.jpg
IMG_2745_zpsl278m0q8.jpg
IMG_2747_zpsd3yyxtdo.jpg

"Out of riding season"? Did you move or something :D

• 2Speed

Posted January 12, 2016 - 11:11 AM

Found this part from a tea kettle in the air cleaner track. This goes in upside down so you don't really see it through the screen from the top. It's intention is to quiet the intake.  Out it goes. I ordered the one from a YZ. I could imagine one could just grind the plastic nubs off to remove it. I will confirm if the YZ is the same part minus the tea kettle.

I didn't take the pipe apart since I put a Pro Circuit ti. pipe on it. So for those wishing to keep the stock pipe it appears you can undue the allen heads to get into the pipe and remove the pea shooter. It's a very very small hole stock for a 450.

Anyone removing the stock pipe it's a very tight fit and the middle U comes out from the right with a swift tug.

Air_zps8cttwvyz.jpg

That's crazy!  

Can you take some pics of the stock throttle stop, and the computer (on the bars, not the ECU)? I decided on the WR and I'm going to start ordering parts (even before I get the bike, lol!).

Is the comp ECU the same part number as for the 2015 and earlier?

Edited by 2Speed, January 12, 2016 - 11:48 AM.

• Macsplace

Posted January 12, 2016 - 11:18 AM

Air_zps8cttwvyz.jpg

Have received my GYTR Comp ECU but no bike yet, the directions do say to grind off the plastic rivets but I may do the same as you and go with the YZ part.

• patrick2wd

Posted January 12, 2016 - 11:48 AM

I might shop for a stage one (or two :goofy: ) cam..

whenever..

but that exhaust...

that needs to be different..

look at this closely...
where is the exhaust?
WR450F-RallyC.jpg

there it is...

2015-Yamaha-WR450-Dakar-Bike-2-600x400.j

pretty fat pipe...

that will de-ristrict a bit too

• stevethe

Posted January 12, 2016 - 01:29 PM

"Out of riding season"? Did you move or something :D

No I'm riding my 07 until this new machine is ready for break in. Hopefully this Saturday.

• stevethe

Posted January 12, 2016 - 01:31 PM

That's crazy!  

Can you take some pics of the stock throttle stop, and the computer (on the bars, not the ECU)? I decided on the WR and I'm going to start ordering parts (even before I get the bike, lol!).

Is the comp ECU the same part number as for the 2015 and earlier?

The competition ECU is a different part for the 16. I'll try and get you a few more pics.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2Speed

Posted January 12, 2016 - 03:04 PM

The competition ECU is a different part for the 16. I'll try and get you a few more pics.

Thanks, I found it at Rocky Mountain. This is the kit with ECU, throttle screw and programmer for $313.99

The ECU alone is $98

https://www.rockymou...etition-Kit-ECU

• tomerb

Posted January 12, 2016 - 07:26 PM

Is the comp ECU for the WR the same part number as the one that comes stock on the YZ 450FX??

• stevethe

Posted January 13, 2016 - 07:12 AM

Is the comp ECU for the WR the same part number as the one that comes stock on the YZ 450FX??

No it's a different part number. I believe there is more electronics that go through the WR with the lights and such.

• stevethe

Posted January 14, 2016 - 08:48 AM

I decided to upgrade a bit on the filter holder. The one pictured is a Twin air powerflow kit with no screen for a YZ450.

The stock air filter is a bit puny the GYTR one looks like a Uni and looks the largest. However the glue has known to be junk on the Uni's so we will see if it holds up. The Twin air and the PC racing both look good.

IMG_2753_zpsjooe2dem.jpg

IMG_2752_zpsp027ps1t.jpg

IMG_2751_zpseoful7j3.jpg

• MotardManiac631

Posted January 15, 2016 - 09:05 PM

still waiting for them to reach NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• stevethe

Posted January 16, 2016 - 06:12 AM

Should be there any moment. I got a call from another dealer source that another one is available hear in California.

• Macsplace

Posted January 16, 2016 - 07:48 AM

Looks like they have not made it to the east coast yet. Called my dealer yesterday, he talked with his rep and they possibly may arrive around Jan 26th. I have found them in California, Oregon, Michigan and Ohio so far.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 16, 2016 - 04:43 PM

I rode this bike (Stevethe's) today, and was impressed.

No GYTR ECU yet, and it still had tons of torque and a flat powerband.

Suspension even stock was very good.

• Super_Davee

Posted January 18, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Whats next for this bike after the de-restricting? 

• stevethe

Posted January 18, 2016 - 03:23 PM

Whats next for this bike after the de-restricting?

Some HP mods are also in the works.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.