Lowering 2016 WR450

33 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 22, 2016 - 03:22 PM

IMG_20141111_153028-Edit-copy.jpg768482d1360006209-29er-ok-dwarf-little-p

• Chaconne

Posted January 22, 2016 - 03:22 PM

Well there is only one answer, so someone is wrong and someone is right...

Sure, but probably doesn't matter and inconsistent documentation and claims have been the hallmark of some of these products in my experience. Have you tried or use a lowering link yourself? If so which one?

• Baja trail Rider

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:27 PM

I can only tell you this again.Rode xr400 with lowering link.Made it soft in rear,did not like it much.Rode two 12 wr450s with Yamlink.They where soft in the rear,just the way I like it.Both bikes worked better then my,wr450 that had shock lowered 3/4 in.So I may remove spacers in shock,try the lowering link.Also was told by the owners,you need stiffer rear spring with lowering link.I could not feel,any problem with them.

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 22, 2016 - 09:09 PM

milk1.jpg

• chelder

Posted January 23, 2016 - 06:47 PM

I ordered a Krooze Tune lowering link with mine ill let you know how it goes.

• ediot

Posted January 23, 2016 - 08:40 PM

Also consider sag. When you are shorter, you will ride more over the tank. I'm curious as to how Carmicheal's bike was set up.

• stevethe

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Just left my suspension with Enzo down hear in So. Cal. Going to go a 1" shorter front and back a revalve and re-spring for my weight.

Anyone need a lowering link let me know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:46 AM

Just left my suspension with Enzo down hear in So. Cal. Going to go a 1" shorter front and back a revalve and re-spring for my weight.

Anyone need a lowering link let me know.

Ross is the man. Great guys down at his shop :thumbsup:

• stevethe

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:56 AM

Ross is the man. Great guys down at his shop :thumbsup:

How was your bike when you got it back was it plush. Did you do a spring and revalve.

I'm not 100% sure what to tell him. They are suppose to call just prior to the work.

• KennyMc

Posted January 28, 2016 - 09:38 AM

How was your bike when you got it back was it plush. Did you do a spring and revalve.

I'm not 100% sure what to tell him. They are suppose to call just prior to the work.

Yea, it really handled the slower, rocky stuff real well and stayed higher in the stroke at the same time. Much better than the OC stuff I replaced on the '07.

I am only about 10 miles from there shop so I was able to go down there and talk to them for awhile about where I ride and what I like and didn't like about the current setup. And obviously what I wanted the new setup to do.

Since I got the forks off of eBay, I had springs and a revalve done. Wanted all new parts....

You think the forks need a revalve????

Edited by KennyMc, January 28, 2016 - 09:46 AM.

• stevethe

Posted January 28, 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yea, it really handled the slower, rocky stuff real well and stayed higher in the stroke at the same time. Much better than the OC stuff I replaced on the '07.
I am only about 10 miles from there shop so I was able to go down there and talk to them for awhile about where I ride and what I like and didn't like about the current setup. And obviously what I wanted the new setup to do.
Since I got the forks off of eBay, I had springs and a revalve done. Wanted all new parts....
You think the forks need a revalve????

I'm not sure they felt pretty stiff and it's a better deal to do it all at once. They said the bike is sprung for someone that weighs 180-185 lbs. I am 160 lbs.

• KennyMc

Posted January 28, 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm not sure they felt pretty stiff and it's a better deal to do it all at once. They said the bike is sprung for someone that weighs 180-185 lbs. I am 160 lbs.

Well, respring I get. Maybe just try that and wait to do a revalve until the next time you need to go into them for seals? Play around with clickers. Just a thought.

• Chaconne

Posted January 28, 2016 - 04:12 PM

I can only tell you this again.Rode xr400 with lowering link.Made it soft in rear,did not like it much.Rode two 12 wr450s with Yamlink.They where soft in the rear,just the way I like it.Both bikes worked better then my,wr450 that had shock lowered 3/4 in.So I may remove spacers in shock,try the lowering link.Also was told by the owners,you need stiffer rear spring with lowering link.I could not feel,any problem with them.

I did the same with my xr400 and my 2014wr and didn't like either. How did you find the handling in faster tighter stuff?

• Baja trail Rider

Posted January 28, 2016 - 05:36 PM

The two 12s I rode with lower link.Both had revalved Susp.I was surprised how well they worked tight trail,dirt road up/down tight turns.When I tested them,no woops in the area.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.