what needle clip position for hollister hills and clear creek area

8 replies to this topic
  • xrbrp

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:53 AM

My bike is at the shop, and I told the mechanic to place the needle on the 3rd position like described on the xr650.net site, Then I read the 4 Strokes.com site and they suggest the 3rd positon on one articel and the 4th position from the top on another. so what gives? :)

175, 68s, and need to know what position on the needle.

any suggestions

• SLJ

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:46 AM

Which needle are you using?

• TimBrp

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:58 AM

If your using the B53 needle then use the 3rd clip position. The B53 needle has a richer taper at the point thus allowing you to use the 3rd clip position. If you have the stock one use the 4th.

• xrbrp

Posted March 03, 2004 - 08:07 AM

I got the B53, and told them to use the 3rd position. Guess I'm starting to second guess myself, thanks for the Re-assurance. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 04, 2004 - 02:49 AM

No problem. There is a great jetting guide on the Pig Pen Site you can check out. It's setup by elevation and temp to establish jetting changes. Really helpful.

• qadsan

Posted March 04, 2004 - 08:09 AM

Just remember the jetting guide I did for the Pig Pen site is only a guide for a 'starting point'. You may in fact find that your optimal jetting varies slightly from these numbers, but it should be a good starting point.

• TimBrp

Posted March 04, 2004 - 09:47 AM

You did that qadsan? Props to you man. :) Let the flood gates open on your PM box... How do I?? Where do I? What do I??..LOL

• qadsan

Posted March 04, 2004 - 10:04 AM

I'm pontiac_sr from the Yahoo group and gave Eric the data, but he spruced it up with formatting, additional comments, etc, and graciously added it to his web site in the spirit of helping others as he always does. He's done one heck of a job with the Pig Pen. There's a lot of good XR650R resource web sites out there, but Eric's Pig Pen is my favorite.

• TimBrp

Posted March 04, 2004 - 10:13 AM

I agree, I'm a daily visitor.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.