Boyesen Quickshot Install on 426 Carb?

2 replies to this topic
  • samburger

Posted January 08, 2016 - 12:19 PM

I feel like surely I'm the most dense person on the forum since no one else seems to have asked this (already searched), but I'm a little confused on the install of the Quickshot on my 426 carb. My confusion is with the part my dog bit off, which says to use a tool provided (a steel rod, longer & the same diameter as the one that holds the float in place) to tap out the check valve ball, & remove/plug the leak jet with the plug also provided. But as you can see on my float to the right, the place they're saying to plug is plugged & I have gone at the check valve ball every which way I can think of to no avail. It occurred to me that the leak jet may be plugged for emission regulation like a lot of pit bike carb mixture screws after a certain year, but I can't find any information supporting or denying that. Do I just skip this step & replace the stock cover with the Boyesen cover without any other changes, or am I missing something here? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • samburger

Posted January 08, 2016 - 12:54 PM

Oh shit, just modified my search a little & found the 9999 other threads that cover this. Mods please delete.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 08, 2016 - 06:27 PM

You don't need a quick shot

You need an accelerator pump linkage spring upgrade and the diaphram and rod upgrade.

All that quickshot is going to do is allow you to adjust the leak jet, which your bike does not need.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.