Pulse coil pick up

10 replies to this topic
  • Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 09:12 AM

I took the faulty stator out the other day bit couldn't get the pulse coil pick up bolt undone and stripped them out to which I grinned slot in them for a scew driver so I could get some pressure on them while giving them a tap to no avail, then hit it with a bit of heat....

The stator is out as I cut the wires but the pickup is still in the case....

I only had heat on the pick up for a fraction and slightly, very slightly disfigured the unit but it looks ok...

I was thinking of getting the stator rewound local ( as it would be cheaper than new ) and putting it back in the bike yet need to know if the pulse coil pick up is good before I do it other wise I'll just have to buy a whole new set up ( go genuine or Trail Tech).

I was thinking the beat way to do this is to place the cover back on the bike with a few bolts just to hold it I place and give it a quick boot to see if it kicks and starts then shut it off... If it's starts then the coil pick up is still good and it's off to get the stator rewound....

What are your thoughts???

• RickyStator

Posted January 07, 2016 - 03:24 PM

What model WR? We have stators for them also. We also have the pick up separate for the 450.

• Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 03:57 PM

Actually I'm looking or the kit, I've a 06 wrf 450 .... Do you have a distributor in Australia?

• still2smokin

Posted January 07, 2016 - 06:20 PM

I broke those same bolts when I changed my stator , I just bit the bullet and took the cover to

a machine shop to get them out as I knew from past experience it can get real ugly when I try

to drill them out myself .  

I installed the Ricky Stator 100 watt kit and was very pleased . I can now run my fan without

the headlights dimming or discharging the battery .

Edited by still2smokin, January 07, 2016 - 06:44 PM.

• Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 06:32 PM

I've heard good things about the Ricky Stator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 06:34 PM

What model WR? We have stators for them also. We also have the pick up separate for the 450.

It's an 06 wr450f, what kind of a deal can you do?

• Damper

Posted January 08, 2016 - 03:44 AM

So I just ordered a TrailTech kit through MX1 here in Australia for $308 del although it won't be here until early next month, still, that's an awesome price considering another mob down in Melbourne wants well over $550 for the same product....

• RickyStator

Posted January 08, 2016 - 01:02 PM

it would have been $160  and $25 for the shipping.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted January 08, 2016 - 01:16 PM

Yea man $308 is a terrible price even with the difference between USD and AUD...

You could have ordered it in the states and even with international shipping still come out ahead...

• grayracer513

Posted January 09, 2016 - 10:42 AM

I've heard good things about the Ricky Stator

Deservedly so. 

• Damper

Posted January 09, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Yea man $308 is a terrible price even with the difference between USD and AUD...

You could have ordered it in the states and even with international shipping still come out ahead...

I thought that was a good price, I looked online in the states and they were going for about $140 US, that with shipping worked out to be about $270 AU... One company over here wanted close to $600 which was a joke so when I found MX1 Australia online in Richmond near Sydney I went with it mainly because they are domestic Md if something went wrong the hassle of exchange and after sales service was right here.....

I did ask MX1 Australia about TrailTech to which they replied their service and products are second to none, really good..... I'm only spewing I have to wait till early next month for the part to arive...

I was going to go with Ricky Stator but they wouldn't reply to my messages so I ditched that path on the grounds that their after sales service could be the same.... Nothing against their product

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.