Part Identification Help Needed

10 replies to this topic
  • reellentless

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hello All,   I am back for some help from a great forum.  I was on here years ago (7-8 years ago) when I rode a lot, but then I took a second job and the bike sits a lot.    Anyway I have been riding the bike (2005 WR450)  just enough to keep good fuel and keep it running up until  the last two years.   Needless to say I had to take the sub frame loose to get the carb off.  Now it is running and time to put back together.  (Garage running....as we have a foot of snow on the ground)  I had the sub frame loose and not everything back on or tight while I test ran it and adjusted the carb.    I saw I stepped on this part as it had vibrated off.   Can someone help me as to where it belongs?   I'm thinking some place on sub frame due to oval hole for adjustment.   

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2250 (1).JPG
  • IMG_2251.JPG

• reellentless

Posted January 08, 2016 - 03:07 PM

Just bumping it up one time to see if anyone recognizes it.  

• SAKs YAMAHA

Posted January 08, 2016 - 04:09 PM

I have a 2010 YZ450F, it has the same washer/ tab thing on the right hand, forward, lower engine mount. I have no idea what they are for. I don't remember seeing one on my WR but it had been through several different owners.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1452298124378.jpg

• reellentless

Posted January 08, 2016 - 04:23 PM

SAKs....I think you nailed it....took off my Acerbis 6.6 to put on the 3.3 and gain some room to work. (bolts to front motor mount)   Thanks a bunch.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted January 08, 2016 - 04:34 PM

Actually, that looks more like the funky washer on the bolt that attaches the middle of the exhaust to the subframe.

I have never seen anything other than a regular flat washer on the motor mounts of the steel frame bikes.   The parts

fiche shows a washer like in the picture SAKS posted for the aluminum frame bikes but it is not present on the steel frames.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • still2smokin

Posted January 08, 2016 - 05:05 PM

I have had my 05 apart many times and have never anything like that on my bike . 

Pretty sure that is not from your WR . 

It kind of reminds of an old car carb shaft lock washer .

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 08, 2016 - 06:25 PM

Have not seen such an item from my (3) WR's

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted January 08, 2016 - 07:25 PM

05exhaust.jpg

• reellentless

Posted January 08, 2016 - 07:57 PM

Deep Purple Bruise!  You are the man!  BAM!   Exactly the part as it was not off the motor mounts as I checked that.   I just about put it all back together but so glad I waited another day.  Will be putting it back together tomorrow, and hope for an outside ride if the weather holds another day or two and the roads clear.  Thanks a lot....this place is awesome.

Edited by reellentless, January 08, 2016 - 07:59 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted January 09, 2016 - 09:22 AM

I have had my 05 apart many times and have never anything like that on my bike . 

Most people won't see that part because it's supposed to stay captive on the sub frame (thus the tabs). It's to keep the pipe from chafing at the aluminum mount tab.   Usually won't fall off, but....

• SAKs YAMAHA

Posted January 09, 2016 - 09:58 AM

Most people won't see that part because it's supposed to stay captive on the sub frame (thus the tabs). It's to keep the pipe from chafing at the aluminum mount tab. Usually won't fall off, but....

That makes sense, but that means mine are installed wrong....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.