2000 426 HOW MUCH?

4 replies to this topic
  • Goesman

Posted March 05, 2002 - 07:09 AM

I was wondering if any knows how much a 2000 426 is worth average. I have a freind that will let me take over payments on it. I might keep it as a backup bike or put all new plastic on it resell it.

Thanks

• 98yz

Posted March 05, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Try www.kbb.com. They usually are a pretty fair listing for retail amounts on bikes, they are a little high most of the time compared to what the bikes are actually selling for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted March 06, 2002 - 04:58 AM

Also look at ebaymotors.com search for the year of yz ya want. In fact look at 1999 - 2001 just to get a round about figure

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1809545606

is a 2000. I bought my 00 from a nieghbor down the street. The Guy rode it twice hit a tree the second time and now I got it. I paid 4500 for mine and have just gone through the break-in maint. Only 8 hours on the motor. Just be real careful on what and who ya buy it from, Yes even in the Bike Industriy there a Aholes that will ripe you off. Not sure what your experiance is but look for oil leaks, freash paint, bad seals, rust around the stems on the triple clamps and so on. also see if the wheels spin free and there are no squeeks coming from the Disc Braks Sign of warp or bad pads.

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• FOX426

Posted March 06, 2002 - 05:40 AM

AMA used bike guide states $4085.00

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 06, 2002 - 05:49 AM

And there is such a thing called supply in demand. some people buy Ktoom's, some buy Cannondale's, if you notice, Ktoom's sell for there orig purchase price while Canondales sell for a used rubber and a half drank beer. 426's that I have seen fur sale are asking top $ if "IF" good condition.
Plus
http://www.kbb.com/k...26F;41426;14520

Your gonna trust what the AMA quotes, Geez they chaced the World GP out of America ! and screwed dirt tracking forever
Making Friends Whereever I go !

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.