Loose front brake rotor

2 replies to this topic
  • Cmott426

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:04 PM

Front bake rotor is loose where the "rivets" hold the rotor to the part that bolts to the hub. I can feel the slop when I have the brake pulled and I push the forks down. I thought at first the pads where shot, but I can see the hub part move just a little bit. It’s hard to explain, I hope you understand what I am saying. I was just wondering if it is ok for it to do that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:09 PM

Front bake rotor is loose where the "rivets" hold the rotor to the part that bolts to the hub. I can feel the slop when I have the brake pulled and I push the forks down. I thought at first the pads where shot, but I can see the hub part move just a little bit. It’s hard to explain, I hope you understand what I am saying. I was just wondering if it is ok for it to do that.

It's OK, it has a floating disc......

• faggio40

Posted March 03, 2004 - 12:44 PM

It's OK, it has a floating disc......

Uhm... pay attention, ok, it's a floating disc so it's natural a little moving, but a big moving it could be a problem, for example a wear of the "rivets". Probably the moving thet you feel it's OK, but be sure of this; if you are in doubts, don't esitate to check your front brake: it's very very very important for your safety :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.