07 WR 250 no start

5 replies to this topic
  • mikenash

Posted January 05, 2016 - 08:44 PM

picked up a 07 that won't start. Cleaned carb fresh gas and it's getting fuel, new plug and spark is good. Anything I am missing? Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:21 AM

spark

fuel

compression

Put in a new pilot jet, do not clean it

Gap your plug at .9mm

Did it run when you bought it?

Does it pop at all?

• mikenash

Posted January 06, 2016 - 10:09 PM

spark

fuel

compression

Put in a new pilot jet, do not clean it

Gap your plug at .9mm

Did it run when you bought it?

Does it pop at all?

Nope didn't run when I got it no pop but cranks over.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Damper

Posted January 06, 2016 - 11:57 PM

Flat battery?
A bike will spark but sometimes not under load

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 07, 2016 - 06:01 AM

A dead battery will prevent it from kick starting

I would start with the valve clearances, then move to the carb.

The carb does need to be rebuilt every couple of years....i don't mean a rebuild 'kit' I mean a replacement of the wear parts, and removal of corrosion.

https://www.google.c...f7e8e4b026a9c52

• Damper

Posted January 07, 2016 - 07:06 AM

My 06 is having elec trouble atm and the battery went dead but before it did, as it ran low it started to splutter and carry on for about 20km then died even though I still had instrument lights.....

Put it on trickle charge for a while then boot it.... Before I did all that I pulled the carby out and cleaned it twice thinking a jet had blocked, I even put a filter between the tank and the carby just to eliminate the bad fuel prospect..... I'm the end I found out it's my stator

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.