Yz450fx question

66 replies to this topic
  • drt_jumper

Posted January 05, 2016 - 12:18 PM

I just bought a 2016 yz450fx. First the bike is amazing and that's coming from someone who loves their 2013 yz450f that is set up perfectly (woods racing) it didn't hurt that I got a smoking deal on it $7850.00 otd after the $300 blu cru rebate.

My question is this. I am installing a new MSR Raptor adjustable pull clutch lever on it and am trying to figure out something with the neutral/clutch safety switch. On bikes in the past (non fuel injected) I just used a jumper wire and sealed it up. However I am trying to figure out if that will screw anything up on this bike. Wasn't sure if it has some type of Rev or throttle limiter if it doesn't sense the clutch is out while in gear. Just trying to make sure I don't screw up a an expensive bike. I appreciate all thoughts but am really looking for someone who has definite answers.
Thanks

Edited by drt_jumper, January 05, 2016 - 12:19 PM.

• woods-rider

Posted January 05, 2016 - 12:44 PM

Nope, just connect the two terminals to close the loop and you are good to go.

• KennyMc

Posted January 05, 2016 - 06:18 PM

How did you get a bike that stickers for $8,990, for $7,850 OTD?? Or even $8,150 before the $300 rebate?

• drt_jumper

Posted January 05, 2016 - 06:27 PM

Thanks woods for the quick answer. As to the question about the price I paid. I am VERY lucky to live near one of if not the best dealership when it comes to prices in the nation. Romneycycles.com the price you see on their website is their otd price. They have the 2016 yz450fx priced at $8150.00. They only had two left in crates and I bought one of them.

• Motodisiac

Posted January 05, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Would you mind sharing where you got it for $7850? Local dealers here want full retail. 

D.

P.S. Nevermind, I see you already replied :)

I just bought a 2016 yz450fx. First the bike is amazing and that's coming from someone who loves their 2013 yz450f that is set up perfectly (woods racing) it didn't hurt that I got a smoking deal on it $7850.00 otd after the $300 blu cru rebate.

My question is this. I am installing a new MSR Raptor adjustable pull clutch lever on it and am trying to figure out something with the neutral/clutch safety switch. On bikes in the past (non fuel injected) I just used a jumper wire and sealed it up. However I am trying to figure out if that will screw anything up on this bike. Wasn't sure if it has some type of Rev or throttle limiter if it doesn't sense the clutch is out while in gear. Just trying to make sure I don't screw up a an expensive bike. I appreciate all thoughts but am really looking for someone who has definite answers.
Thanks

Edited by SpeedDemon77, January 05, 2016 - 07:07 PM.

• philfell

Posted January 05, 2016 - 07:12 PM

Thanks, I was going to ask this same question. The stock lever is horrible.

• KennyMc

Posted January 05, 2016 - 09:37 PM

Thanks woods for the quick answer. As to the question about the price I paid. I am VERY lucky to live near one of if not the best dealership when it comes to prices in the nation. Romneycycles.com the price you see on their website is their otd price. They have the 2016 yz450fx priced at $8150.00. They only had two left in crates and I bought one of them.

They advertise them for $8,150 but they don't say OTD. They don't charge sales tax on that price??

• drt_jumper

Posted January 05, 2016 - 09:39 PM

Not if you are from out of state they dont.

• KennyMc

Posted January 05, 2016 - 10:34 PM

Not if you are from out of state they dont.

You would be charged sales tax in your home state when registering the bike. If your home state doesn't charge sales tax then you're good.

• drt_jumper

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:03 AM

Only if you register it which I am not not doing. However if I had to here in Virginia the tax would only be $326.00. So after the BluCru credit it still would have only been $8176.00

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:51 AM

The tax thing varies so much from state to state that you can't really make any general statements about it that end up being accurate.  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:57 AM

Pretty typical to get a $1k discount from retail on a Japanse dirt bike...

• stevethe

Posted January 06, 2016 - 08:59 AM

I'm not sure about that if it's just been released at least at the Yamaha dealers in Los Angeles area. I think when they are 6 Months old and plentiful they might deal better. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 09:05 AM

I'm not sure about that if it's just been released at least at the Yamaha dealers in Los Angeles area. I think when they are 6 Months old and plentiful they might deal better. 

That's kind of what i meant.

Yeah, if you are an 'early adoptor' then you pay the $price$...

• KennyMc

Posted January 06, 2016 - 09:09 AM

I got a $1,100 discount on my 350 EXC ($900 + $200 store credit) and a $800 disc on my 300 XC-W.

My OTD price ends up being the suggested retail price.

Edited by KennyMc, January 06, 2016 - 09:11 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 09:32 AM

I got a $1,100 discount on my 350 EXC ($900 + $200 store credit) and a $800 disc on my 300 XC-W.

My OTD price ends up being the suggested retail price.

With the BETA BYOB, you get 5% off from BETA, 5% off from the Dealer, 5-15% off you upgrades part prices, credit back on the stock parts (or they give them to you), all installed for free. 

Still turns out to be a boatload of dough..... :facepalm:

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 06, 2016 - 10:14 AM

With the BETA BYOB, you get 5% off from BETA, 5% off from the Dealer, 5-15% off you upgrades part prices, credit back on the stock parts (or they give them to you), all installed for free.

Still turns out to be a boatload of dough..... :facepalm:

Yeah, but it's just money.
What would you rather have: money stashed away in some bank somewhere, or a nice, shiny new DIRT BIKE in your garage? (even among your apparent sea of dirt bikes)
I would choose shiny new dirt bike every time and worry about the money later. Or not worry.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 11:12 AM

Yeah, but it's just money.
What would you rather have: money stashed away in some bank somewhere, or a nice, shiny new DIRT BIKE in your garage? (even among your apparent sea of dirt bikes)
I would choose shiny new dirt bike every time and worry about the money later. Or not worry.

I don't get it... you mean the waiting for the Beta?

Money is money. Time is time. Bikes however, are NOT just bikes!  

No sea. Not even a river. Just a few drops.  I don't keep things I don't use regularlly.

Edited by KRANNIE, January 06, 2016 - 11:14 AM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 06, 2016 - 05:24 PM

I don't get it... you mean the waiting for the Beta?

Money is money. Time is time. Bikes however, are NOT just bikes!

No sea. Not even a river. Just a few drops. I don't keep things I don't use regularlly.

No, I was responding to the boatload of dough comment, only to say that unless it's gonna put you out on the street, might as well buy a new dirt bike. Can't take it with you when you go... Which is around 50% of my logic behind getting a new WR or 450FX sometime this year probably. I also thought you had a bunch of bikes for some reason. Neither here nor there...

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:11 PM

No, I was responding to the boatload of dough comment, only to say that unless it's gonna put you out on the street, might as well buy a new dirt bike. Can't take it with you when you go... Which is around 50% of my logic behind getting a new WR or 450FX sometime this year probably. I also thought you had a bunch of bikes for some reason. Neither here nor there...

giphy%201_zpshazfhxvo.gif

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.