Wr450 remove battery

4 replies to this topic
  • li54sa

Posted January 05, 2016 - 01:06 AM

I would like to remove the battery and the starter components of my wr450 2003 cause i dont use tje electric starter and the bike starts on first kick.somewhere i saw that i have to ground the negative lead whoch connects to the negative on the battery to the regulator. As i observe the negative lead is also grounded to the starter bolt.can someone explain me what exactly cable i should ground to the regulator?also if i will remove the starter i must leave the grounded cable on the starter connected to the engine?thanks in advance.

• li54sa

Posted January 06, 2016 - 02:57 PM

can someone help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chu

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:28 PM

Some bikes you need to replace the battery with a capacitor.  I'm not sure on the 03, maybe someone else knows.

• li54sa

Posted January 06, 2016 - 06:32 PM

ncmountain writes that i should ground the negative lead to the rectifier bolt.i can not understand what he means when he says negative lead.the two small black wires where are  connected  to the negative lead of the battery with the main grounded cable which goes to the starter?

• SAthump

Posted January 06, 2016 - 07:57 PM

I used a capacitor when I built my 09 into a sumo

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.