I'm stupid...which one is throttle stop?

7 replies to this topic
  • Taewa

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:04 PM

I am not a mechanic, and want to know which is the throttle stop to be cut down for the free mod. Mine has SUPPOSEDELY already been cut. Is that correct? Is the stop #1...or #2...or neither? Also, can you tell if it has been cut already? This is on a 99 WR 400. I had to put it on a subpage of a website I am starting, so sorry about the location...please visit the following link. (I couldn't figure out how to put a picture on TT). Thanks a ton for your help!!! I am getting smarter by the day thanks to TT :)

http://www.abovethebelt.com/about.i

• r1superstar

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:07 PM

I believe it's his one. Posted Image

• Taewa

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:09 PM

Hmmm..I don't know what part that is...I guess #1? How did you get that pic in your post? Did you just copy and paste? Can anyone tell if mine has been cut?

• mtrablue

Posted March 02, 2004 - 06:08 PM

the screw pictured is from the accelerator pump. the bk mod lets you adjust the squirt of fuel. the throttle stop your looking for restricts the "wheel" that your throttle cable turns. look at the side of your carb. you can see where the two cables are. under that cover is the "wheel". look for the "k" from keihin on the cover. to the left you can see a screw threaded up into the carb. that's it. you'll get almost 30% more throttle. don't run without it. you can damage the carb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCal_Chef

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:33 PM

also, with the cover off, twist the throttle open and let it go so that the throttle snaps closed. Here that sounds coming from the throttle cables near the carb? That's the end of the throttle cable mechanism hitting the throttle stop screw.

Follow your ears! :)

• yimmyhauler

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Niether one of those. Goto http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm which has a good writeup there. (I'ts what I used) :)

• r1superstar

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:55 AM

Thanks guys for the correction. Guess that's what I get for not reveiwing my post before submitting it. :lol

yimmyhauler has posted the link to the correct parts.

• Taewa

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:11 AM

I am glad I had the shop cut the throttle stop for me then (while they were in fixing my jetting and timing), cuz I would have cut the wrong thing!!! That would have made for a funny TT story huh? "look guys...i cut some random screw and still only have 3/4 throttle" LOL. WHEW...I'm good to go now though. Thanks for all your help!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.