Starter Jets

2 replies to this topic
  • 1000trinis

Posted January 03, 2016 - 01:23 PM

Hi there,

Im following the jetting guide and looking to change jets in my 05 WR450. Where do I purchase starter jets? Ive been scouring for #68 starter jets and can't source them. Any help will be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 03, 2016 - 04:11 PM

Sudco

JetsRUs

Yamaha

Honda

Kawasaki

KTM

Sherco

BETA

...they all use the same carb....

Is there any particuar reason you want to change your starter jet?  I am assuming you want to go bigger for better cold weather starting?

You can pump the throttle multipe times before starting to simulate the same thing...

• 1000trinis

Posted January 03, 2016 - 05:06 PM

Ah ok, thank you very much KRANNIE. I was only considering the change after reading the Jetting database for my environment. 

My stead is in the caribbean with temps 70 - 90 deg year round, 1000' - 3000' ASL, high humidity.

Sudco

JetsRUs

Yamaha

Honda

Kawasaki

KTM

Sherco

BETA

...they all use the same carb....

Is there any particuar reason you want to change your starter jet?  I am assuming you want to go bigger for better cold weather starting?

You can pump the throttle multipe times before starting to simulate the same thing...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.