Feeler Gauge Set for Valves

6 replies to this topic
  • BeeVictim

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:28 AM

Hi guys - bought my 06 YZ450F in September with ~158hr on it, shimmed the valves at 163hr due to hard starting cold, and here we are at 181hr with not a single problem.  I'd like to reshim the valves again sometime in the next 10hr just to see how they've moved since it runs beautifully. The feeler guages that I used beforehand were too large so I ended up cutting them to fit, and then threw them away because they were garbage.

Can anyone link to a decent set of feeler gauges that fit easily without cutting them?  Thanks :)

Edited by BeeVictim, January 03, 2016 - 09:28 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:31 AM

I've never had to trim a feeler for a YZ450.  YZ250F, yes, but even then, certainly not in half, just a bit off the edge for the center intake.  Any half decent set from a good auto parts store should work.

• BeeVictim

Posted January 03, 2016 - 10:47 AM

I had the normal fat ones that were ~.5" wide last time.  Tapered this time around.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 03, 2016 - 11:46 AM

Normal 4" blade gauges are what I've always used.

Posted January 03, 2016 - 07:49 PM

I have an old set made by KASTAR. It has a tapered end and a blunt end. I couldn't find any of them for sale but I found a set on ebay that is just the tapered end. http://www.ebay.com/...6199330&vxp=mtr

• coastlinecascott

Posted January 03, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Harbor freight has a set for 4 bucks. Works good

• YZJohn250

Posted January 06, 2016 - 08:14 AM

here you go.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.