Way Off Topic, But I need help with my son's PW80

22 replies to this topic
  • ColdChillin

Posted March 06, 2004 - 02:25 AM

Guys I ended up pulling the carb off and putting a spacer above the slide. It went pretty smooth and works great. It is only going about half throttle now, yet will still take off (with me on it) with no problem. My son is gonna love that little bike for sure!!!! Thanks again for all the advice. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted March 06, 2004 - 03:00 AM

When my son started out with his PW 80,he would leave it in 2nd gear all the time. I would pace off about 30 feet and make him ride towards me and brake.If he got out of control I could catch him,he never did.I did this several times until I felt he confident he knew what he was doing.

• ColdChillin

Posted March 06, 2004 - 05:00 AM

That's a good training exercise that I used when teaching my wife how to ride. I'm gonna do the same with my boy. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.